Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

At which stage of grief are you right now?

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I remember where we came from and where we've been, I feel some peopl3 are acting like ungrateful spoilt children who got a blue teddy when they wanted a red one. Appreciat3 we needed a striker ect but I'm sure the club are aware and for whatever reason it hasn't happened........ yet. But look where we are FFS!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I remember where we came from and where we've been, I feel some peopl3 are acting like ungrateful spoilt children who got a blue teddy when they wanted a red one. Appreciat3 we needed a striker ect but I'm sure the club are aware and for whatever reason it hasn't happened........ yet. But look where we are FFS!!
This......well, apart from a load of late-night typos, yes, I'll go with this!

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Right at the moment I am oscillating between resignation at the inevitability of 35 more games with perhaps no more than 20 goals to cheer, and bloody annoyance. We had all the joy, the celebrations on the pitch, on the train, on the sea front, and then what: a stubborn and ultimately unrealistic adherence to a salary cap that was clearly going to cause problems. We are PL, for sure, but perception wise cannon fodder within that division, so we were always going to have to go the extra mile to get the most sought after resource.

TB is a wonderful man - he has brought joy to a club that might not even have survived without his philanthropy. We must not forget that whatever happens, BUT he has made three bad mistakes in his time: GM/CMS; SH: and now this.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
he has made three bad mistakes in his time: GM/CMS; SH: and now this.
I think it's unlikely GM or CMS were Tony's fault. SH would be largely down to TB, but getting the right manager in is practically a lottery anyway. If we don't get a striker, I'm not sure whose fault that is.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I think it's unlikely GM or CMS were Tony's fault. SH would be largely down to TB, but getting the right manager in is practically a lottery anyway. If we don't get a striker, I'm not sure whose fault that is.

Usual protocol is bloke at top takes responsibility, though grant you in football that isn't always the case...

I may yet have to eat my words (at least partially) if Naylor is correct and we have an extension for a good reason...

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Going into game 4 of the prem with Baldock & Murray injured
Leaving 1 fit striker again, Hemed, the player the club wanted to offload
I feel like crying but it's so unbelievable I'm going to burst into tears of laughter instead

Just heard The Jansenn deal off
So it's All down to you Tomer, good luck son

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
To answer the original question. I'm currently very angry. We needed strikers above all and now have nothing to play with. It may be a difficult market but we've signed no one . Heads need to roll in the recruitment team. However perhaps the biggest problem is our tendency to push the gamble to try and get a bargain too far. I'll calm down and regain the faith in the morning. Right now it's a good thing I haven't got a cat because it would be at risk of a good kicking!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here