Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do we have any under 23 strikers that can step up this season?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
invitation_no_globaltour-800x575.jpg :shrug:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Attempt at a positive thread.

Any chance that Aaron Connelly could step up? Anyone else to look out for ?

This isn't Withdean, where needs dictated that we throw youngsters straight in at the deep end, with the ensuing all-too-predictable result. We're supposed to be Premier League Ready.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
This isn't Withdean, where needs dictated that we throw youngsters straight in at the deep end, with the ensuing all-too-predictable result. We're supposed to be Premier League Ready.

It wasn't all bad. We unearthed Albion's youngest ever goal scorer in Jake Robinson who then went on to play a further 123 games smashing in 13 goals in total.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'd like to see James Tilley given a fair chance. Settled the Barnet game with a decent finish from where any good marksman waits for a rebound. He's still very raw but I'm sure Bournemouth away he'll get another outing.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Do we have any under 23 strikers that can step up this season?

Of course not! They're under 23 strikers, so they play for the U23s (I think that's probably laid down in the club rules) until they're old enough to come on as a substitute in a couple of League Cup matches; then they'll be shipped out.
It's the Brighton way................................

Personally I'd love to see Tilley and Connolly getting a bit of time on the bench this season, even if they only get a few minutes on the pitch when we're 4-0 down (or, perhaps less often, 4-0 up) with ten minutes to go. And remember, all those who think that size matters, Connolly is only 17 and still growing - and is he really that much smaller than Michael Owen, George Best, Robbie Fowler or Kevin Keegan?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone on NSC able to make the step up?

In my case it would be a step down ( as an age related thing I hasten to add, not that I am too good for the Albion)

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
He's turned 17 this year. He's scored constantly at every level he's played, generally whilst playing one or two age groups above his peers. He was the top scorer in the entire CONTINENT in qualifying for the European U17 Championships last summer, but he's 'not going to make it' because you didn't like what you saw in his first TEN MINUTES of senior football?

Even by the knee-jerk standards on here, that's spectacular cuntery.

Although, to be fair, we knew he was never going to make it last season, as we were reliably informed that Manchester United were not knocking on his mam's door when he signed for us.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Anyone on NSC able to make the step up?

My young lad is 25, lives in Melbourne, played in this years REMF down Under for BHAFC in the 4-2 win over Croydon in Sydney. He's a striker, got two assists and nearly a last minute goal in that match, he's rapid, he's fit, he's just run the Melbourne half marathon in 1 hour 25 minutes, so he has an engine too. Shall I get on the phone?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My young lad is 25, lives in Melbourne, played in this years REMF down Under for BHAFC in the 4-2 win over Croydon in Sydney. He's a striker, got two assists and nearly a last minute goal in that match, he's rapid, he's fit, he's just run the Melbourne half marathon in 1 hour 25 minutes, so he has an engine too. Shall I get on the phone?
I'll be surprised and disappointed if the club haven't read your post and dropped what they were doing.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
This is a comedy thread right? In all my years of watching the Albion I don't think a single striker has stepped up from the under 23s since Peter Ward. Why would we suddenly find one now?

Ian Muir.

Had an outstanding goalscoring career for Tranmere after being ignored by us.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I'll be surprised and disappointed if the club haven't read your post and dropped what they were doing.

I faxed them his Oz mobile number, but its 3.40am there right now, so I told them not to call until after his alarm goes off in 4 hours time.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Hardly one we developed though: we were his fourth club, and he was almost 21 by the time we signed him.

Fair point, but then more than half of the current U23 have been with other clubs first so our wait to develop 'one of our own' genuinely is going to be a lot longer than anyone would hope for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here