Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do we have any under 23 strikers that can step up this season?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Attempt at a positive thread.

Any chance that Aaron Connelly could step up? Anyone else to look out for ?

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Good god no, judging his 10 mins against Barnet he was hustled off the ball far to easily he will never make the first team.

Qite a assumption based off very little viewing. FWIW I'm not suggesting we play him but the lad is 17. He's playing for the Development squad instead of the under 18's for a reason, he's scored a lot of goals at both levels. Very much one for the future.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Qite a assumption based off very little viewing. FWIW I'm not suggesting we play him but the lad is 17. He's playing for the Development squad instead of the under 18's for a reason, he's scored a lot of goals at both levels. Very much one for the future.

Granted, but he did look way to slow and those Barnet defenders (league 2) were in complete control and were too big for him, he is actually not that tall is he.

I do hope he proves me wrong, but I feel he wont make the grade.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Granted, but he did look way to slow and those Barnet defenders (league 2) were in complete control and were too big for him, he is actually not that tall is he.

Indeed his height could be an issue, he may still grow a little who knows. Either way certainly not ready yet.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012

I agree with you, looks to small to make it.

heathgate

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 13, 2015
I think they might have to... our toothless offensive group are a bit of a fragmented shambles at present... give Tilley a go.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
so what is the point of teh U23 if none of them can step up?

Barber Out

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is a comedy thread right? In all my years of watching the Albion I don't think a single striker has stepped up from the under 23s since Peter Ward. Why would we suddenly find one now?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

He's turned 17 this year. He's scored constantly at every level he's played, generally whilst playing one or two age groups above his peers. He was the top scorer in the entire CONTINENT in qualifying for the European U17 Championships last summer, but he's 'not going to make it' because you didn't like what you saw in his first TEN MINUTES of senior football?

Even by the knee-jerk standards on here, that's spectacular cuntery.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He's turned 17 this year. He's scored constantly at every level he's played, generally whilst playing one or two age groups above his peers. He was the top scorer in the entire CONTINENT in qualifying for the European U17 Championships last summer, but he's 'not going to make it' because you didn't like what you saw in his first TEN MINUTES of senior football?

Even by the knee-jerk standards on here, that's spectacular cuntery.

Yep, that's my opinion & I respect yours.

Enjoy the rest of the day

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here