Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim Krul *signed* on season long loan subject to medical

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
i would say yes, but dont know why he's played so little in past few seasons. few years back he was one of the best in the Premier league, couldnt get a game in the Championship last year ???

Catastrophic knee injury kept him out for over a year.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
The Guardian are making this sound like it's practically a done deal:

Tim Krul has all but agreed a loan from Newcastle to Brighton where he will rejoin his old St James’ park manager Chris Hughton. The former Holland goalkeeper had been frozen out by Rafa Benitez and was also the subject of an inquiry from Nottingham Forest earlier today.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...mas-lemar-alex-oxlade-chamberlain-latest-live

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Excellent goalkeeper, execellent signing (if confirmed). Probably our best in the window excluding contract renewals. I'd actually regard him as better than DS and enormously surprised NC would release him to us. In respect to Ryan, I hope Krul is our no.1 from here onwards.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So, our 2nd and final loan from a PL club.

I hope we don't need that loan for a striker.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
SSN confirm from both ends

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Thank god for a proper keeper with height. Hooray

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
So, our 2nd and final loan from a PL club.

I hope we don't need that loan for a striker.

Which suggests we must be very confident of signing at least one striker permanently, surely? Either that or we've completely given up.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Good point

That throws you back to Niasse then I would have thought.

Everton apparently say he is only leaving on Perm Sale Deal. Possibly gonna buy him then which would leave another loan position from a PL Club available for this one.

On Tim = Absolutely brilliant keeper and one of the most confident people I have ever come across and that's good for a keeper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here