Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Transfer Deadline Day drinking thread

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Consumed 1litre of fortisip through an enteral delivery system overnight (2,400 kcal), pint of water at 6am followed by 2 cups of tea. 7.30 25ml Itraconazole solution. Next up more tea, half a pint of scandishake and some gaviscon.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We need a photo of the view!
Nice clear day today.
0cbbc946dc6625e77bb93399d71bd070.jpg
041a83a2ced303dc209d4d35b4c60239.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just made a cafetiere of Hasbean 'Brazil Nut' blend to get me going this morning. Working from home today conveniently

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Two mugs of tea so far out of my Brighton and Hove Albion mugs. Need to take care, however, as tea has a diuretic effect, with the associated risk of wee wee accidents.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am drinking tea from a mug (2017 'The Seagulls' club badge on blue and white background). The tea is from a small metal pot kept warm on my hob, setting 2.5. The bags are four Sainsbury Red, plus one 'Bombay Tea' spiced. This creates a slightly exotic tea (I will give an inappropriate analogy later, but I am a bit busy at the moment). The water is filtered (Brita) to remove the high calcium levls that we endure in Faversham. The tea bags are kept in the water no longer than a minute, then removed, each individually, each squeezed with small stainless steel teabag tongs. This gives maximum flavour without contamination from the higher molecular weight aromatics and tannins present in the leaf.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Starting the day with a nice mug (Albion mug, naturally) of Twinings Earl Grey.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just made a cafetiere of Hasbean 'Brazil Nut' blend to get me going this morning. Working from home today conveniently

Cafetière.....do you mean a French Press in today's language?

Also, as any third waver will know one can't possibly drink filter coffee...ghastly stuff. But, my local hipster cafe joint has now rebranded it, added some guff about a more rounded flavour profile, and now sells it as "Batch brewed" coffee. It's all the rage.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am drinking tea from a mug (2017 'The Seagulls' club badge on blue and white background). The tea is from a small metal pot kept warm on my hob, setting 2.5. The bags are four Sainsbury Red, plus one 'Bombay Tea' spiced. This creates a slightly exotic tea (I will give an inappropriate analogy later, but I am a bit busy at the moment). The water is filtered (Brita) to remove the high calcium levls that we endure in Faversham. The tea bags are kept in the water no longer than a minute, then removed, each individually, each squeezed with small stainless steel teabag tongs. This gives maximum flavour without contamination from the higher molecular weight aromatics and tannins present in the leaf.

I was able to do this more quickly than anticipated;

1. = slightly exotic
2. = a little too exotic for me

1. View attachment 88720

2. View attachment 88721

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here