Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liz costa express

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
:(
No more hot food :nono: Blues away are using a different coach company now, they don't allow hot food.
Those pies were the best I have tasted.

FFS. The beano pie was awesome. And the party's means I never spunked any money at the services on shite expensive food

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Loyal and reliable. Liz would run even if there was just 10 people, not that that is likely now.

Yes, she liaises with Blues Away if it's a less than popular game is the league cup game at Bournemouth on the Tuesday, so that one coach will run.
She takes a coach to every single game except the Checkatrade games.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Does she only run 1 coach or is it based on demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No issues with Seagull Travel for Leicester we arrived early to avoid the chaos of getting into the ground and for Watford it was a 17 plate coach.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
No issues with Seagull Travel for Leicester we arrived early to avoid the chaos of getting into the ground and for Watford it was a 17 plate coach.

Maybe I have just been unlucky.I would like to make 1 thing clear.I have no problem with the service or the cost but just the comfort on the coach.I sat at the back in the corner maybe I just sat in the wrong seat.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
My seagulls travel coach to Leicester was fine :shrug:

I've never had a problem from about 30 games too.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Maybe I have just been unlucky.I would like to make 1 thing clear.I have no problem with the service or the cost but just the comfort on the coach.I sat at the back in the corner maybe I just sat in the wrong seat.

I never seat at the back instead look for seat in middlearea not over any wheels

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The Costa Express is a pleasant coach to travel, the big advantage for me at midweek northern trips was getting dropped off at seven dials on the way home even though it wasn't an official stop. Coach comfy and pleasant. That said I'd say the same for Seagulls Travel, who if they did a centralish Brighton drop off for midweeks would have had more of my business. Both good in my opinion. Not used Blues Away but the testimonials also suggest they are good.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Driver on seagull travel coach I've used seems to have a bad case of the inconvenient convenience as he always has an out of use sign on the toilet door. This has made for some uncomfortable journeys.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
What is the coach travel on the Liz Costa express like?
My preferred mode of travel is the choo choo but this is not practical for certain matches.I used Seagull travel for the Leicester game & have used them a couple of time over the last few seasons but have been less than impressed with the dodgy old coaches that are used. I said after the Leicester game never again.Somebody suggested to me the Liz Costa express because they use Brighton & Hove Coaches.
So was wondering what it was like.

Brighton and Hove coaches aren't as comfy as they look.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Liz has only done it for 20 years.

Only once. Whatever guise it was, (supporters club?) she was 'organising' the coaches in the late 80's during the Lloyd era. She appeared very much 'in charge' on the coach. Me and a mate were asked to move seats because (whatever name was) ALWAYS sits in that seat. Was certainly cliquey back then. It was a midweek game in Plymouth, with the driver managing to get lost en-route, taking the A3 instead of the M3. We lost 3-0 too. Awesome day.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Only once. Whatever guise it was, (supporters club?) she was 'organising' the coaches in the late 80's during the Lloyd era. She appeared very much 'in charge' on the coach. Me and a mate were asked to move seats because (whatever name was) ALWAYS sits in that seat. Was certainly cliquey back then. It was a midweek game in Plymouth, with the driver managing to get lost en-route, taking the A3 instead of the M3. We lost 3-0 too. Awesome day.

They were official club coaches. Liz took over when Bellotti refused to allow club coaches any more.
I know Liz reserves seats for disabled people, who may not always look disabled.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I've been using Seagull Travel for home and away matches for about 4 - 5 years now. Can't praise too highly - I wouldn't get to half as many games as I do if I didn't use them

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
It's alright , but the dress code sucks and the bingo is rather expensive , you do get some very handy hints on how long you should cook a joint for .

Blues away coaches / minibuses are slightly better as they have a waitress waynetta who for £3 will do anything for you , and you can dunk your ginger nuts into other peoples beverages , which i like very much .

Compare these with the official Eclipse 80s awayday coaches and they both seem like business class coach travel , i still think i prefer the 80s tbh .

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Blues away coaches / minibuses are slightly better as they have a waitress waynetta who for £3 will do anything for you , and you can dunk your ginger nuts into other peoples beverages , which i like very much .

Well you will slum it on coach 2, coach 1 has waynetta's mum in charge, bit like BA's Premium compared to Euro Traveller

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here