• No

Votes: 7 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I,m not totally disagreeing with you , but the sums of money being bandied about now stikes me as sheer panic, leaving the club with bigger debts that will be far harder to sustain if we plummet into the Championship.

I well remember the last time we were in the old First Division. When we got relegated, the football on offer looked grim in comparison to what we had got used to in the four years we were in the top division. Consequently, gates fell, interest dropped off alarmingly and of course the rest is history of the high wages we were tied to which eventually almost bankrupted the club.

Even the Amex cannot sustain 10,000 crowds and potentially the long contracts with high wages the players are demanding as we approach the 11th hour.

I hope I,m wrong....I really do.

The sums being banded about are to be expected in the Premier League, what sums were you expecting

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I,m not totally disagreeing with you , but the sums of money being bandied about now stikes me as sheer panic, leaving the club with bigger debts that will be far harder to sustain if we plummet into the Championship.

I well remember the last time we were in the old First Division. When we got relegated, the football on offer looked grim in comparison to what we had got used to in the four years we were in the top division. Consequently, gates fell, interest dropped off alarmingly and of course the rest is history of the high wages we were tied to which eventually almost bankrupted the club.

Even the Amex cannot sustain 10,000 crowds and potentially the long contracts with high wages the players are demanding as we approach the 11th hour.

I hope I,m wrong....I really do.

Back in 83 we'd been offering silly contracts for ten years. I don't think we'd make that mistake now. The sums you're talking about are transfer fees, which are on the low side compared to other Prem clubs. Wages are the most important aspect.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The club is effectively Team Tony. How much we spend is entirely down to him. No-one will be more dissapponted than him if things do not go as planned, but I would imagine that he has contingency plans in place already for all eventualities.

The huge fees being banded about are NOT Tony's or the clubs fault. It is the result of years and years of ridiculous amounts of TV money. It is the reality of the market we are in now.

Tony knows what he is doing. Keep the faith.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I would have thought that Brighton fans (of all fans) would have learnt a painful lesson never to trust an owner.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
The sums being banded about are to be expected in the Premier League, what sums were you expecting

I think it is very clear from all the "rejected" offers being reported that we are now offering way above true value.

What exactly any way is 'Team Tony' ?

We all know he is bankrolling our club. We all know he is a great fan of the club. We all know we would have gone under long ago without him. We all know he is a very eloquent and thoughtful man. We all like him ...surely...?

But to be in 'Team Tony' ...? I,ve met him. Said hello to him. Thanked him. But I have never been to his house for a cream tea....I haven't been invited on the yacht he charters every year for his friends....or been invited to dine at one of the 5 star hotels he frequently invites guests to. In all honesty, I don't think in anyway am I 'Team Tony'. Lovely guy that he is undoubtedly.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Met the chap for the first time in the flesh, as so to speak.
Shook his hand when he arrived at Vicarage Rd, then at half time I went and asked his man mountain to take a piccy with the both of us.
TB was very obliging :thumbsup:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'm in and regardless of what happens tomorrow. Tony Bloom will always be a legend to me.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think it is very clear from all the "rejected" offers being reported that we are now offering way above true value.

What exactly any way is 'Team Tony' ?

We all know he is bankrolling our club. We all know he is a great fan of the club. We all know we would have gone under long ago without him. We all know he is a very eloquent and thoughtful man. We all like him ...surely...?

But to be in 'Team Tony' ...? I,ve met him. Said hello to him. Thanked him. But I have never been to his house for a cream tea....I haven't been invited on the yacht he charters every year for his friends....or been invited to dine at one of the 5 star hotels he frequently invites guests to. In all honesty, I don't think in anyway am I 'Team Tony'. Lovely guy that he is undoubtedly.

Well would you invite a whining, moaning negative **** like you ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here