Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fiorentina Babacar [now seems to be heading for Palace]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh now there's a surprise.

2 minutes after Andone came on for Dep, a certain Jonathan Calleri came on for Las Palmas.

Calleri scored twice.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I was looking at something else and a latest goal flashed up, stating Deportivo losing 0-2 in a cup game.
A la the weekend a quick trawl around our foreign 'what might have been' has unearthed the following:-

Babacar scored a penalty in Fiorentina's 3 - 0 win over Torino.

This report https://www.violanation.com/2017/10...s-goals-serie-a-italy-benassi-simeone-babacar includes:-

set up Simeone who superbly struck the ball with the outside of his foot to make it 2-0 to the Viola. After mounting pressure for Babacar to start up front, he answered his critics in stunning fashion.

So he's potentially get twitchy, and equally potentially getting more expensive!

Andone might be getting cheaper as he's an unused sub.

Raphael played and scored in 70 mins v second division cup opponents.

Fenerbahçe didn't have a midweek game.

Gawd bless you http://uk.soccerway.com/ :bowdown:

Pepe Mel was sacked on Tuesday by Deportivo, I would imagine that could have some effect on Andone's future.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Oh now there's a surprise.

2 minutes after Andone came on for Dep, a certain Jonathan Calleri came on for Las Palmas.

Calleri scored twice.

Not heard of this Calleri chap before. Is he any good?

Do you think we’d be interested?

Maybe start a thread................

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Wonder if this will be resurrected in Jan?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wonder if this will be resurrected in Jan?

I've been tracking the Summer 'what might have beens', on their own threads.
Sunday's catch up is here http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?353247-Thomas-Delaney/page5&highlight=Delaney

None of them have priced themselves out of the Albion's market, quite the reverse in fact.

On the face of it Babacar is at least holding steady, more sub than starter, but has scored a few and would seem to be very much part of the playing squad.

Still not long now until a whole new load of rumours to get excited/disappointed about.

Last edited:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Looks like Depor will regret not selling us Andone in the summer. He must be itching for a move now he's been consigned to the bench in a shit team hovering above the bottom 3, which should weaken their hand significantly for us or someone else to SWOOP.

Think they were too greedy

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Just 33 sleeps until the January transfer window slams open, I hope we get a shiny new striker, as our current one could do with some Premier League quality assistance.

We're starting to look like Middlesborough.

Realistically, is Babacar the answer? Surely we have done enough already this season to tempt a bigger name?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If anyone's interested Babacars Fiorentina are playing Napoli live on BT.

As is customary he starts on the bench so I suggest you check back with the game around the 70 minute mark.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is there an echo?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
unused sub in a 0-0 draw.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't be arsed to do the full breakdown of the 'what might have beens' as it's an absolutely textbook from the 70 Minute Club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here