Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lifetime ban for Derby fan over abusive tweet

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As an aside, I presume if any Derby players are involved in any similar, or more serious, misdemeanours they will also be dealt with similarly.

Depends if they have value.

Leicester held the high moral ground in instantly sacking the young players who were abusive in Thailand. I wonder if they would have been as tough with Mahrez and Kante?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
OTT? And if it was your child that was the subject of the abusive tweet what would your reaction be?

I'd be very upset. Don't think the bloke should be persecuted for life though.

Derby have done the right thing in banning him. What he said was stupid and quite frankly horrible. But it doesn't warrant a life time ban though and I'm sure it won't. I expect in a year or two time he'll have to sign a behaviour order or similar and will be allowed back. Derby have just said life as a warning to others.

As I mentioned in my post the story is front page news on the BBC website so it will be picked up tons and tons of news outlets across the world meaning the story will get indexed by search engines the world over. That will remain on the internet for an awful long time. Anyone searching such as future employers will be easily able to find this story. So not only has he made himself look like a right dick he's going to have to live with it being freely available to anyone who cares to look long after this becomes tomorrows chip paper.

Some football fans have always and continue to be unpleasant folk. Social media just now gives dick heads another medium to get that dickishness out there.

el punal

Derby have done the right thing in banning him. What he said was stupid and quite frankly horrible. But it doesn't warrant a life time ban though and I'm sure it won't. I expect in a year or two time he'll have to sign a behaviour order or similar and will be allowed back. Derby have just said life as a warning to others.

As I mentioned in my post the story is front page news on the BBC website so it will be picked up tons and tons of news outlets across the world meaning the story will get indexed by search engines the world over. That will remain on the internet for an awful long time. Anyone searching such as future employers will be easily able to find this story. So not only has he made himself look like a right dick he's going to have to live with it being freely available to anyone who cares to look long after this becomes tomorrows chip paper.

Some football fans have always and continue to be unpleasant folk. Social media just now gives dick heads another medium to get that dickishness out there.

And also for their dickishness to come back and bite them where the sun don't shine.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
You idiot. Look what you've done.

Announcement:

I'm going to voluntary ban myself for life from watching the Albion, even on TV and illegal streams.

What I just did really crossed the line. Sorry to anyone who has had their 2nd name misspelt before in life. I don't know what came across me but it's something I will regret for the rest of my life.

Sorry.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Thought about this and my first impression was that Derby were being harsh over a keyboard warrior. But his comments were disgusting and it's about time these pr!cks engage their brains before pressing enter. So good and well done Derby.
Totally agree

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011

He won't be persecuted for life. He'll be old news tomorrow but still banned for life. Massive difference.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Well done Derby for banning this idiot, correct decision made in my opinion.
Billy Sharp lost his son in 2011, not really sure why the Derby ' fan ' had to bring this up on Twitter.

I have read through a few news reports and can not see any mention on how old the Derby ' fan ' is, even if he is still at school there is no excuse for mocking a dead baby FFS.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think there is going to be any disagreement that what he did was vile, and there should be consequences. But a life ban does not to me seem quite the appropriate action, and maybe more Derby trying to distance themselves from it than the correct response.

If I was Derby I'd have said to him if he ever wanted to buy a ticket again, he had to go and spend some time with a support group of those who had lost young children, and maybe he would have actually seen at first hand the additional pain such despicable comments would cause. Then some good might have come out of it, and the stupid kid (if that's what he is) could learn something.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Harsh but sends a clear message that vile crap will not and should not be tolerated. The bloke can always go and watch Burton Albion up the road instead although most of their fans seem pretty decent so he might have trouble fitting in.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Agree with all of this. A year's ban and a public apology should have sufficed.

goldstonegull

Feb 18, 2009
plymouth
He's being banned from ever watching his football club again not being locked up for life.It would give him something to think about if his picture was put up around the city so people can see what a vile piece of sh*t he is. Yes, he may have been drunk as has been suggested when he posted but, as others have pointed out, words have consequences.Let him back in after 10 years if he can still hold his head up in Derby. C**t!

This every day

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Announcement:

I'm going to voluntary ban myself for life from watching the Albion, even on TV and illegal streams.

What I just did really crossed the line. Sorry to anyone who has had their 2nd name misspelt before in life. I don't know what came across me but it's something I will regret for the rest of my life.

Sorry.

Very noble and appreciated. You can come back once we've scored a goal in the premier league....aka ban for life.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A lifetime ban seems harsh, and slightly odd to think of him in, for example, 27 years time still being banned because of an ancient stupid post on twitter.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The comments were horrible, but I do not like the growing trend of telling others what they can and cannot say. Although the ban by DCFC seems draconian, their ground is private property so that is their choice. If the chap waits long enough, uses an assumed name, he will be watching his team once more after the fuss has died down.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The comments were horrible, but I do not like the growing trend of telling others what they can and cannot say. Although the ban by DCFC seems draconian, their ground is private property so that is their choice. If the chap waits long enough, uses an assumed name, he will be watching his team once more after the fuss has died down.

Is it a growing trend? Instead of the vicious spiteful taunt being online, think about if it was in a pub. The landlord would ban the person, once they'd picked themselves off the floor, and tell him never to come back. It's similar.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not condoning this in any shape or form, but idiots post stupid shit after a few shandys and a defeat. He deserves punishment but a lifetime ban is a bit harsh. If he showed genuine remorse and was pissed up when he wrote it a season ban and a good talking to would have been suffice.

no.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Is it a growing trend? Instead of the vicious spiteful taunt being online, think about if it was in a pub. The landlord would ban the person, once they'd picked themselves off the floor, and tell him never to come back. It's similar.

I believe that, yes it is a growing trend, demonstrated by people who have nothing to do with the original story showing their indignation to as many others as possible. I am not defending the bloke, he is a ****. And the pub scenario is both quite accurate and also apt as it is also private property which I had pointed out in my original post. That said, these days the landlord would probably get charged with not showing a full duty of care for the offender!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here