Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth away (Carabao Cup) - on sale on Thursday for those with 217+ points

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Doesn't mention how many loyalty points you get for attending? I hope it's no more than 5 as given those prices and the actually ridiculously low points threshold for this match I can see lots buying but not attending.

We will sell this out so why such a low starting points level which falls very quickly?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Doesn't mention how many loyalty points you get for attending? I hope it's no more than 5 as given those prices and the actually ridiculously low points threshold for this match I can see lots buying but not attending.

We will sell this out so why such a low starting points level which falls very quickly?

Friday 1st September STHs with 118 Season Ticket Holder Points*

Gives everyone a bit of a chance? The lottery that some seem to be calling for.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Will we?

A fair few people there a few days earlier and this cup is poorly regarded and supported by most.

Picking up loyalty points might be the only incentive for some to buy, so maybe there are none allocated give the club won't be able to apply a "ticket no scanned in, no points" rule.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Fully agree, I fail to see why the threshold should have come down from that which was used for the league game

Friday 1st September STHs with 118 Season Ticket Holder Points*

Gives everyone a bit of a chance? The lottery that some seem to be calling for.

Only by those that haven't got sufficient points, which doesn't reward loyalty for those that have put in the away miles in previous seasons

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Will we?.

It's 1,335 for a relatively short trip (especially from the West of the county). An adult ticket is only a tenner, kids are only £3. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a lot of kids buying tickets for this one and then getting a cold on the day*

*assuming there is loyalty points on offer which I would have thought is a given.

Would be a shame if this sells out to people who have no intention to go.

But if you are testing loyalty, what is more loyal attending the premier league game on a Friday night when on Sky, or attending a league cup game that no one cares about on a Tuesday night just four days after already playing them? The league game was a 5 pointer I think? I guess this might be the same or more? Hard to justify how it can be less.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
It says on link 10 loyalty points. So £1 a point.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

"Fans attending the game will be allocated ten points."

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
"Fans attending the game will be allocated ten points."

Ridiculous then to set the points tally at that low level. It will be a free for all and will sell out in the first tier.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Key word "attending". Could be BS, or maybe they have agreed with Muff that they will be given a list of ticket numbers not scanned?

At some point clubs will need to get together and deal with this. I'm assuming that other clubs have this potential issue now. Given they all scan tickets it can't be rocket science to bring this all together in some way can it? Loyalty should really only be for attendance.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If anyone is considering buying a ticket for the loyalty points but can't attend please PM me, happy to buy your ticket off you for face value. Free loyalty points!

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
If the club have any sense they will not offer any loyalty points for this. The people who will actually attend a League Cup match on a Tuesday night in Bournemouth are the people who have absolutely no need for the points (I'd be amazed if they haven't all got 350+ already) and it simply isn't fair to give 10 or 15 points to people who don't turn up as it seriously penalises those who are near the bottom of a particular points tier right now, don't buy a ticket and then get relegated to the next tier down as a result.

Disagree. I only have 219 points, how am I supposed to ever increase that if I don't go to games like this? I don't think I would have been able to get a ticket for any other away game so far (not that I've been available to go!)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Key word "attending". Could be BS, or maybe they have agreed with Muff that they will be given a list of ticket numbers not scanned?

If the Albion gave 15 points to Barnet non-attendees, which some are suggesting they did, then there's no way they'll be verifying physical attendance at Bournemouth itself.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
If the Albion gave 15 points to Barnet non-attendees, which some are suggesting they did, then there's no way they'll be verifying physical attendance at Bournemouth itself.

Exactly. If they can't be arsed to do it for a home game, with all the info readily at hand, there's not a chance in hell they'll do it for Bmuff in the cup.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here