Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Isn't it time Corbyn & his Henchmen were called to account ?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
With the Leader of Scotland's Labour Party being pressured into resigning by Corbyn 's henchmen ( allegedly) along with other moderate Labour MP's ( alleged but we know it's true ) including huge pressure being put on our own very good but moderate labour Hove MP, isn't it time that there was some inquiry into the behaviour of Corbyn and his henchmen ?

Surely it can't be right we have allowed Labour to be taken over by Marxist type extremists.

If the Tories were taken over by extreme right wing, there would be a huge public outcry. Why not the same for an extremist left wing takeover which we currently have ?

Every other moderate Labour leader over the last 50 years has managed to keep the extremist union type marxists under control, Corbyn encourages it !

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
With the Leader of Scotland's Labour Party being pressured into resigning by Corbyn 's henchmen ( allegedly) along with other moderate Labour MP's ( alleged but we know it's true ) including huge pressure being put on our own very good but moderate labour Hove MP, isn't it time that there was some inquiry into the behaviour of Corbyn and his henchmen ?

Surely it can't be right we have allowed Labour to be taken over by Marxist type extremists.

If the Tories were taken over by extreme right wing, there would be a huge public outcry. Why not the same for an extremist left wing takeover which we currently have ?

Every other moderate Labour leader over the last 50 years has managed to keep the extremist union type marxists under control, Corbyn encourages it !

Corbyn is still rising. Countdown to PM is still on.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't reckon it's anything to do with Corbyn. Her new partner is an SNP MSP - that's a situation that would lend itself to much awkwardness at home - it would be hard to have confidential phone calls for example. She may just have seen embarrassing situations looming ahead and got out quickly.

BTW, can anyone think of any other examples of relationships between elected officials belonging to different parties? It's probably happened at local council level but I bet it's not happened at Parliament/Assembly level before

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Can this not be filed away on the other labour thread?
Much more important things going on like will be sign a striker

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
BTW, can anyone think of any other examples of relationships between elected officials belonging to different parties? It's probably happened at local council level but I bet it's not happened at Parliament/Assembly level before

John and Sally Bercow spring to mind, obv she's not an elected official but she is pretty high profile and (at least nominally) the other side of the fence. Also could be filed under 'punching above his weight'

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I don't agree with this at all. Corbyn is simply doing what many other leaders have done in the past based on what they consider (not unreasonably) was an electoral mandate. Labour voted Corbyn as their leader, certain centralist MPs tried to remove him, and after a better-than-expected general election campaign, he feels compelled to remove the people he considers unhelpful. Thatcher did exactly the same thing - she squashed all internal opposition - and come to think of it, so did Neil Kinnock with Derek Hatton and his left-wing Militant group.

My own preference is for a far more centre-left Labour party, but I do think it's unfair to single out Corbyn for this sort of behaviour when it's been seen many times before in politics.

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It's the way things are going and the Labour Party will be full of these weird types and those hideous dire student types.He will never be PM as many tories and ukip voters slipped over because of brexit was done and they needed a new people's party.
Now with many of these idiots desperate to hijack brexit along with the tories it will just go back normal level.

Corbyn would be the biggest disaster for this country as he's nothing but a anarchist and anti British like many of these far left idiots.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I don't agree with this at all. Corbyn is simply doing what many other leaders have done in the past based on what they consider (not unreasonably) was an electoral mandate. Labour voted Corbyn as their leader, certain centralist MPs tried to remove him, and after a better-than-elected general election campaign, he feels compelled to remove the people he considers unhelpful. Thatcher did exactly the same thing - she squashed all internal opposition - and come to think of it, so did Neil Kinnock with Derek Hatton and his left-wing Militant group.

My own preference is for a far more centre-left Labour party, but I do think it's unfair to single out Corbyn for this sort of behaviour when it's been seen many times before in politics.

Far too well reasoned and sensible for this forum. Bad man. :wink:

sahel

Jan 24, 2014
It's the way things are going and the Labour Party will be full of these weird types and those hideous dire student types.He will never be PM as many tories and ukip voters slipped over because of brexit was done and they needed a new people's party.
Now with many of these idiots desperate to hijack brexit along with the tories it will just go back normal level.

Corbyn would be the biggest disaster for this country as he's nothing but a anarchist and anti British like many of these far left idiots.

If we did not have referendums we could just laugh at your arrant nonesense and paranoid musings. But we do and we thereby empower you and your fellow travellers. Oh woe is me !

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Isn't it time Corbyn & his Henchmen were called to account ?

By having a general election and booting them out of Government, you mean?

........................oh

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

In what respect do you regard him to be anti-British?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Corbyn was voted in twice as Labour leader with a huge majority of Labour supporters voting for him. May was installed as the Tory leader with absolutely no vote taking place. Maybe we should have some kind of inquiry into Tory leadership elections.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

How can someone be an 'anarchist' and on the 'far left'? One is in favour of no state control and one is in favour of massive state control - it's like saying someone's a Palace supporter and a Brighton fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here