Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicarage Road

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
I missed the away game but wanted to know from those that went last week what the ground is like now?

I went when we last played there a couple of years ago - the most cramped away end ever, p!ss literally flowing out of the slash troughs over the floor (I had suede shoes), only one counter selling bugger all (and no beer). The new stand not complete and empty shells half finished in each corner..

Dump.... but if looked like it had been tickled up on the telly?

Thanks - I'm a bit of a stadium nerd.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Still cramped, but good view even for us shorties. Toilets very utilitarian. NO ALCOHOL in the ground (odd), but a lovely pub just down the road. Didn't investigate food inside ground, but plenty of burger/hot dog stands around the ground (including the lovely pub). I really liked it.

theboybilly

I can't tell you what the bars & kiosks are like but the ground itself looks nice (mind you so does Loftus Road) The Sir Elton John Stand is now complete and the whole stadium looks compact with all 4 corners filled in with TV Studios or corporate suites. It looks okay but legroom in the Away end is still tight. It's a vast improvement on the old VR but nowhere near the standards of many clubs outside the Premier League.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Another ground that dispels the myth that The Amex is the worst stadium to get away from in the country.

The Albion, to their credit, show the majority of clubs what to do after a game, to give fans, home and away, a number of options to get away. Including staying behind for a beer or two.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Good stadia, probably what the Goldstone might look like if updated, if we were still there.
Beyond the greasy spoon outlets and a short walk over the ring road, you have all the usual delights of Nandos, Jimmy Changa, Subway, Mc D etc....
Always a pleasure watching the Albion play there.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I thought it was alright. Previous visits have always left me less impressed due to the stand on the left always being half finished/not there, but now it is complete it does together to be a nice little stadium.

Too cramped at the back of the stands and the toilets like most grounds are a disgrace.

Token mention for Harry the Hornet, best mascot and far better than our very dull Gully.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
never been.God knows why i haven't

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Still cramped, but good view even for us shorties. Toilets very utilitarian. NO ALCOHOL in the ground (odd), but a lovely pub just down the road. Didn't investigate food inside ground, but plenty of burger/hot dog stands around the ground (including the lovely pub). I really liked it.

You'd think they'd sell the ol' amber nectar, at least.

SEE WHAT I DID THERE?!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I quite liked, they could do themselves a huge favour though and serve BEER! Alcohol free stadia in 2017? Really...? Thought stewards and security staff pleasant, patient and polite.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Also noticed the disabled fans seating area is right up in the stand with the rest of the away support as it should be rather than pitch side or with home fans as many, disgracefully in 2017, grounds still have. Yes you QPR and Villa, I'm talking about YOU amongst others. Sort yourselves out and stop making pathetic excuses for not doing or even unable to provide.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Another ground that dispels the myth that The Amex is the **worst stadium to get away from in the country.

The Albion, to their credit, show the majority of clubs what to do after a game, to give fans, home and away, a number of options to get away. Including staying behind for a beer or two.

Really? I can usually get from car park C to the Lewes road, up and over the hill, in about 2 minutes.

Er, no, don't ask me what time I usually leave the stadium. :whistle::lolol:

**(Its Preston. Definitely Preston)

Take it easy, mon Vieux.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Not great, almost like changing rooms have been given £600 to turn a league one ground into something fit for the Premier.

With ten minutes to go, Laurence Lewellen Bowen stencilled the lyrics of You Song as a final flourish on the back of the Elton John stand.

Nice stewards, very polite staff.

Catering expensive, limited choice and no beer.

In summary a million miles away from the Amex

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
All positive from me except for the away concourse which was far too small for the number of fans. Apart from that they've turned it into a pretty decent stadium.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Another thumbs up for their mascot Harry the Hornet. As others have said it's a nice ground now the Elton John stand is finished but the away stand is a bit cramped and the concourse is too small.

Jul 7, 2003
Great disabled area. Friendly stewards. Not sure about problems getting away afterwards though. We left after the players left the field and were on the A41 by 5:20pm. We parked opposite the shopping centre.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Do you still need to walk through the allotments to get to the away end?
Turning left at the cabbages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here