Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicarage Road

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I like it. A proper ground with history that's walking distance from the centre of town. Plenty of pubs for home and away fans. And as far as public transport is concerned I think it's actually one of the better places to get away from as so many choices of tube station sand mainline to go from.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Also noticed the disabled fans seating area is right up in the stand with the rest of the away support as it should be rather than pitch side or with home fans as many, disgracefully in 2017, grounds still have. Yes you QPR and Villa, I'm talking about YOU amongst others. Sort yourselves out and stop making pathetic excuses for not doing or even unable to provide.

Very encouraging
This is still a disgrace in football and all PL clubs were meant to have complied by the start of this season and some haven't

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
It certaintly looks alot nicer now the Elton John stand is complete.

I assume they do not sell alcohol due to how small the concoure is, it would be far to cramped.

Poole Horn

Jun 30, 2017
It certaintly looks alot nicer now the Elton John stand is complete.

I assume they do not sell alcohol due to how small the concoure is, it would be far to cramped.

You are absolutely right there, not Watford's choice but H&S. The small concourse is also the reason that the disabled fans can be accommodated high in the stand. On entering the stadium at ground level you are roughly 2/3 of the way up the stand. Some may remember the old terrace there, Top row was ground level as it was built on a slope.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Was a bit of pain to get to and from on public transport, but it's not the club's fault that one of the stations was shut due to engineering work. Ground itself was pleasant, if a bit cramped.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Another ground that dispels the myth that The Amex is the worst stadium to get away from in the country.

The Albion, to their credit, show the majority of clubs what to do after a game, to give fans, home and away, a number of options to get away. Including staying behind for a beer or two.

The latter option adding to the clubs profit margin of course!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Do you still need to walk through the allotments to get to the away end?
Turning left at the cabbages.

I believe the allotments are still there, on the South side of the ground.The entrance to the away end was always on the corner but that is now the club shop. On Saturday, we were directed along Vicarage Road, to side entrances. This is a change from before.
As for the ground, a good improvement from the part stadium/part building site it looked like for years, except for the away concourse and toilets, which are shoddy to say the least. (Thought the tide had come in in the Gents )

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
NO BEER, this is a massive problem:wink:

But in fairness that was my only complaint

Not for those of us only wanting food or hot drinks at half-time. The lack of beer- monsters in the queues lead to pleasantly quick service unlike Leicester, where multiple booze orders were taking 5 mins each to pour and serve and where I gave up.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Did we sing "we're going to nick your sweets and lollypops"? Is the power station still there? The Robert Peel?

For anyone wondering what the heck I'm on about I hear it's covered fully in the latest The Albion Mag :thumbsup:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
We were sat in the Elton John stand with the enemy and bars were good with one doing lager and the other one going Hornet Ale and the option of wine for the ladies
Food looked ok but didn't try it and bars were open after the game as well

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here