Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vicarage Road

Members

Vicarage Road

0 Not allowed!
    I missed the away game but wanted to know from those that went last week what the ground is like now?

I went when we last played there a couple of years ago - the most cramped away end ever, p!ss literally flowing out of the slash troughs over the floor (I had suede shoes), only one counter selling bugger all (and no beer). The new stand not complete and empty shells half finished in each corner..

Dump.... but if looked like it had been tickled up on the telly?

Thanks - I'm a bit of a stadium nerd.
    Your mum.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Still cramped, but good view even for us shorties. Toilets very utilitarian. NO ALCOHOL in the ground (odd), but a lovely pub just down the road. Didn't investigate food inside ground, but plenty of burger/hot dog stands around the ground (including the lovely pub). I really liked it.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I can't tell you what the bars & kiosks are like but the ground itself looks nice (mind you so does Loftus Road) The Sir Elton John Stand is now complete and the whole stadium looks compact with all 4 corners filled in with TV Studios or corporate suites. It looks okay but legroom in the Away end is still tight. It's a vast improvement on the old VR but nowhere near the standards of many clubs outside the Premier League.
      Lording it in WSL

2 Not allowed!
      Another ground that dispels the myth that The Amex is the worst stadium to get away from in the country.

The Albion, to their credit, show the majority of clubs what to do after a game, to give fans, home and away, a number of options to get away. Including staying behind for a beer or two.
      Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

51,700 v Burnley last game in 1978/79. 4,005 v Wimbledon in 1984. Same division. I think this shows the real plastics.
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Good stadia, probably what the Goldstone might look like if updated, if we were still there.
      Beyond the greasy spoon outlets and a short walk over the ring road, you have all the usual delights of Nandos, Jimmy Changa, Subway, Mc D etc....
      Always a pleasure watching the Albion play there.
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      They have attempted the nigh on impossible and have made a decent attempt to polish a turd.

0 Not allowed!
      I thought it was alright. Previous visits have always left me less impressed due to the stand on the left always being half finished/not there, but now it is complete it does together to be a nice little stadium.

Too cramped at the back of the stands and the toilets like most grounds are a disgrace.

Token mention for Harry the Hornet, best mascot and far better than our very dull Gully.

0 Not allowed!
      never been.God knows why i haven't
      KobanÓ liberated 26th Jan 2015 = Modern day Stalingrad
      RIP Ceylan Ozalp, 19
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zqu...dex=11&list=WL

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Me and my Monkey View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Still cramped, but good view even for us shorties. Toilets very utilitarian. NO ALCOHOL in the ground (odd), but a lovely pub just down the road. Didn't investigate food inside ground, but plenty of burger/hot dog stands around the ground (including the lovely pub). I really liked it.
      You'd think they'd sell the ol' amber nectar, at least.

SEE WHAT I DID THERE?!
      I listen to bands that don't even exist yet.

0 Not allowed!
      I quite liked, they could do themselves a huge favour though and serve BEER! Alcohol free stadia in 2017? Really...? Thought stewards and security staff pleasant, patient and polite.
      "Never miss a good chance to shut up"