Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have had our conservatory knocked down and replaced with an orangery. Get us.
    And the actual difference is..........? Apart from £20k.
    Simon Jordan, "Palace could be the Manchester United of the South" - That is why I love having the gypsies as our rivals

• North Stand Chat

advertising

A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by wellquickwoody View Post
      presumably it has more plants in it?
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.
      Once Dolphin, Now Seagull Dorset Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Antikythera Mechanism View Post
      I agree the sales pitch was a pain, and unnecessary for a good product, so I told him to cut to the chase and get to the best price, as that was all that interested us.
      He made us fill out a questionnaire about how we could promote them, how many customers we had on our business database and how else we would get leads for them. We would have to have a board outside promoting them for a period of x weeks etc etc. It felt like we were the ones selling ourselves to them and not the other way round so it was a no from me
      Pretentious,moi?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Dorset Seagull View Post
      He made us fill out a questionnaire about how we could promote them, how many customers we had on our business database and how else we would get leads for them. We would have to have a board outside promoting them for a period of x weeks etc etc. It felt like we were the ones selling ourselves to them and not the other way round so it was a no from me
      Don't like the sound of that. Was one of the products I was looking at too.
      Once Dolphin, Now Seagull Dorset Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Oldman View Post
      Don't like the sound of that. Was one of the products I was looking at too.
      I think the product is pretty good actually so maybe worth seeing them as the sales technique may be different but at least you will be prepared
      Pretentious,moi?
      The oldest known computer

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Dorset Seagull View Post
      I think the product is pretty good actually so maybe worth seeing them as the sales technique may be different but at least you will be prepared
      Technically the product is excellent. Their surveyor spent 6 hours measuring for each panel to ensure a perfect fit, so the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. Our roof needs replacing as there is moisture between the layers, so I just let him do his spiel and get to the best price, which in all honesty I found acceptable for providing a room with all year usage. Funnily enough at the beginning of his talk he mentioned their turnover and number of roofs installed, so I had a good idea of an average price. The final offered price came within £200 of this figure.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
      Thermal heat loss in a domestic building is thought to break down something like 40% windows, doors and floor, 35% through walls, 25% through the roof.

For a conservatory, the floor is unlikely to have been insulated, neither have the walls (if there are any).

If you're putting an investment into the roof, you could upgrade the floor with a thin insulation such as Kingspan Optim-R, and any dwarf walls under windows with an insulated plasterboard laminate.

It would seem a big investment to only do the roof when that is probably only accounting for 25% of the heat loss.

Big difference between a house roof and conservatory roof. House roof has a ceiling with insulation laid over it, conservatory roof is just glass. The heat loss through the roof of a conservatory would be closer to 60%.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Poole Horn View Post
      Big difference between a house roof and conservatory roof. House roof has a ceiling with insulation laid over it, conservatory roof is just glass. The heat loss through the roof of a conservatory would be closer to 60%.
      No, those figures are uninsulated percentages. So a sheet of plasterboard and a roof tile which will likely have less thermal performance than a polycarbonate conservatory roof.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by wellquickwoody View Post
      Proper walls/roof with insulation, double glazing, and it cost nowhere near £20k, although North Wales prices may be lower than the SE.

Itís still being built but you can get the idea.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
      Proper walls/roof with insulation, double glazing, and it cost nowhere near £20k, although North Wales prices may be lower than the SE.

It’s still being built but you can get the idea.

Otherwise known as an extension?
      Simon Jordan, "Palace could be the Manchester United of the South" - That is why I love having the gypsies as our rivals