Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you most enjoy about supporting Brighton?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd support the club whatever its qualities, simply because being a football fan makes almost no sense at the best of times and if you must cheer a group of blokes kicking a ball around they should really be the ones that are based closest to where you come from.

However, I do quite like the fact that I've now seen Brighton play in four divisions, at four different home grounds, and the journey has rarely been dull.

More recently I think there's been a transformation in terms of ownership, facilities and community ethos that is hard to beat. So it makes me feel good that this is my local club.

Five - if you went to the Brentford 'home' game when the Withdean pitch had subsided :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is it the winning? The feeling of belonging? A general love of football?

I was discussing this earlier with a couple of other Brighton fans and what we get out of supporting Brighton. For me, it's a great day out with like-minded mates where, quite often, the football is secondary and also sharing very special moments with my lads. The kind of times that money just can't buy.

Good question. First, I wouldn't consider myself a football fan but I'm definitely an Albion fan. And it's certainly not about winning as I'd have given up decades ago. That said I still have an innocent and childlike buzz of excitement and anticipation when I wake up and start making my way to a game.

Mainly for me it's a communal and social experience with friends and family, a sense of purpose and a sense of being. Like many folk have said the football is secondary and a win is a bonus. I've also made my best friends through the Albion. I've been best man for two Albion fans, my best man was an Albion fan as well. I've shared so much, and travelled to many places with these guys over the years.

Up the Albion.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Being a Brighton supporter is a real privilege and honour, I get to see them once a season if I'm lucky as I live in Abu Dhabi, I've supported them for over 40yrs from standing in the North Stand in the late 70s to enjoying 4 seasons in the Old First Division, watching Ward and Lawrenson, Peter O Sullivan and my all time favourite Jimmy Case truly
the greatest time to be a Brighton supporter throw in FA final, it really was a golden era to the dark days of Stanley, Archer and Belloti who came close to destroying our club and the eventual rebuilding, Dick Knight, Norman Cook, Mickey Adams, Zamora and Kuipers, to our modern day heroes Bloom, Hughton, Calderon and Bruno and a new exciting era. Football has changed and is now a complete commercial juggernaut and it has lost its soul but the fact that ours is still a community club makes me happy and as long as that continues I will support this club.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Being a Brighton supporter is a real privilege and honour, I get to see them once a season if I'm lucky as I live in Abu Dhabi, I've supported them for over 40yrs from standing in the North Stand in the late 70s to enjoying 4 seasons in the Old First Division, watching Ward and Lawrenson, Peter O Sullivan and my all time favourite Jimmy Case truly
the greatest time to be a Brighton supporter throw in FA final, it really was a golden era to the dark days of Stanley, Archer and Belloti who came close to destroying our club and the eventual rebuilding, Dick Knight, Norman Cook, Mickey Adams, Zamora and Kuipers, to our modern day heroes Bloom, Hughton, Calderon and Bruno and a new exciting era. Football has changed and is now a complete commercial juggernaut and it has lost its soul but the fact that ours is still a community club makes me happy and as long as that continues I will support this club.

Great post.

The bond is still there between the chairman, manager, players and fans at our club.

The crazy scenes of 17 April - Knockaert the choir master, TB, 20,000 on the pitch (sorry H&S jobsworths), drunk players crowdsurfing on drunk fans on the train and the West Street party. How many other clubs in the top divisions would experience that in this money obsessed era?

What a club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here