Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you most enjoy about supporting Brighton?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Is it the winning? The feeling of belonging? A general love of football?

I was discussing this earlier with a couple of other Brighton fans and what we get out of supporting Brighton. For me, it's a great day out with like-minded mates where, quite often, the football is secondary and also sharing very special moments with my lads. The kind of times that money just can't buy.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Local club

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
For me it's 100% about the people, the shared sense of community. Have made so many lasting friendships, and met so many very decent people through supporting the Albion. The football is very much secondary, other than as a common shared love and sense of purpose.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Local club
The live experience
Away games
That feeling of bonding and connection with a complete stranger when you discover you have the club in common

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
I prefer away days- adventures in new places each trip is like a mini holiday, I go with a mixed bunch who I have come to really enjoy their company and it helps de-stress from my weeks work.
Having not missed a Saturday away game for 4 seasons and most of/almost most of mid-week games away I probably have 150 ish people I see every time and probably 200 others I see now and again.
Home games I try to do diy and then catch last train from moulscoombe station , I have gone off useless England its like having a girlfriend that sleeps around constantly letting you down !
So its just the Albion for me now and forever

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The pride of Sussex. This stunning county, has a great football club to match with immense history going back to 1901.

Great memories of promotions and wins.

The stadium. Possibly a blokes thing? But I love it.

The huge and growing fanbase, back to the way it always was.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I'd support the club whatever its qualities, simply because being a football fan makes almost no sense at the best of times and if you must cheer a group of blokes kicking a ball around they should really be the ones that are based closest to where you come from.

However, I do quite like the fact that I've now seen Brighton play in four divisions, at four different home grounds, and the journey has rarely been dull.

More recently I think there's been a transformation in terms of ownership, facilities and community ethos that is hard to beat. So it makes me feel good that this is my local club.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Its my local club and has been since my dad first took me in 1953. I just wish all the bloody moaners would give players more than 10 minutes before condemning them

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Since the move to the Amex the sense that every home game is now an event where as previously it was a labour of love at Withdean

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Constantly being the underdog, persevering and succeeding.

Owner is a decent guy and supporter.

I feel BHA identifies with the old RAF Regt motto: Per Árdua ad Astra (Through adversity to the stars).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It almost comes back to what a football club actually is, doesn't it?

Almost every element of the club can and, in our case, has changed. Yes, players and managers come and go, but also the stadium and the club owners and administrators. We, the fans, are the only constant. We ARE the football club.

But, yes, the football itself is, to a degree, secondary, although it is the football that brought us all together in the first place. I'd need to give it some serious thought, but I suspect as many of my fondest Albion days took place when we didn't win as those when we did.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Wherever I am in the world, whenever Albion are playing it is always the main focus of my thoughts. It has been that way for 47 years; apart from my mother it is the single longest and most continuous thing in my life; a thread that links me directly to my dad who died 32 years ago, old friends, my younger self and so on. Maybe that isn't about enjoyment but it does mean something.

Most older football fans could say similar things about them and their club so why I am so glad that Brighton chose me as a fan (I never had much choice when we moved to Old Shoreham Rd) is the roller-coaster ride up and down and up the leagues, the extremes and pride in the amazing people that have battled to keep the club alive. Most of my friends seem to support Arsenal and have never experienced relegation or promotion and I am not in the slightest bit envious.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
For me it's 100% about the people, the shared sense of community. Have made so many lasting friendships, and met so many very decent people through supporting the Albion. The football is very much secondary, other than as a common shared love and sense of purpose.

This. It's part of the community. It's our local club (for a lot of us) and relatives took us when we first went (most of us) and we've made friends through it.
On the way home from a match, people will ask how you got on, and, even coming back from away matches, other fans will speak to you, and congratulate or commiserate with you. Total strangers speak because you have football in common.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here