Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    ......But i don't enjoy it at all,i cant sleep,i cant listen on the radio/TV for most away matches ,the wrong signings the right signings ,that get sold..... , last minute ,first minute ......i am a wreck.......Have been for over 50 years..... BUT.....i am a fan!!!!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Aberystwyth Town FC ATFC Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      In no particular order:

A sense of ownership and having made a genuine (if small compared to many) contribution to the survival and success of the club
      Friends
      A smug feeling that, when it comes to football, I get it more than armchair fans of top clubs
      Seeing the country through away games
      Founding member of the Brighton and Hove Albion - Republic of Ireland Supporter's Club: COME ON YOU BOYS IN GREEN!!
      "You can't talk to the sheep - he's a liar!"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by cheshunt seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Most of my friends seem to support Arsenal and have never experienced relegation or promotion and I am not in the slightest bit envious.
      Absolutely this. Those poor *******s, supporting their soulless, sterile clubs, with their pseudo problems. As a relative newcomer to the fold, being a relative newcomer to the city, I did not live through the big highs and lows of recent decades, but what a fantastic club, and what a great story. I'm very, very happy I stumbled across the old BHAFC. My son is Brighton born and bred, and has the club in his blood, he never has and never would DREAM of supporting anyone else.

1 Not allowed!
      Being proud of my home city and my roots is why I had passion and loved the Albion for many years like most.

Sadly my passion for football is at an all time low and although I loved last season I really can't stand the premiership and the football is rather dull to be fair with few goals and little entertainment.... way too much money ruining the game also.

First time ever I've not checked on the latest scores in the last two games for decades as the premiership just doesn't float my boat.
      UP THE ALBION!!!!!

1 Not allowed!
      The great Sir Bobby Robson sums it up perfectly for me

What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It's not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It's the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.
      Part of the fantastic REMF Winning team of 2013.
      "on the stroke of half-time it took a world class save from Greening to deny McGoldrick."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by StonehamPark View Post
      Constantly being the underdog, persevering and succeeding.

Owner is a decent guy and supporter.

I feel BHA identifies with the old RAF Regt motto: Per Įrdua ad Astra (Through adversity to the stars).
      I thought it was "barrier up, barrier down ? "
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      My local club, to which I first viewed live footy.
      So many things I could add, but Brighton & Hove Albion says it all

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pretty pink fairy View Post
      nothing at the moment if i'me honest , just think we're all being taken for a ride IMHO
      regards
      DR
      You miserable git Sid 😂

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Me and my Monkey View Post
      Absolutely this. Those poor *******s, supporting their soulless, sterile clubs, with their pseudo problems. As a relative newcomer to the fold, being a relative newcomer to the city, I did not live through the big highs and lows of recent decades, but what a fantastic club, and what a great story. I'm very, very happy I stumbled across the old BHAFC. My son is Brighton born and bred, and has the club in his blood, he never has and never would DREAM of supporting anyone else.
      And being fleeced at £2,000 per head per season, plus catering, for attending the sterile Emirates money making machine.
      Half Hawaiian Half Greek Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Moaning
      PURA VIDA MAE