Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you most enjoy about supporting Brighton?

Jan 30, 2008
Is it the winning? The feeling of belonging? A general love of football?

I was discussing this earlier with a couple of other Brighton fans and what we get out of supporting Brighton. For me, it's a great day out with like-minded mates where, quite often, the football is secondary and also sharing very special moments with my lads. The kind of times that money just can't buy.
nothing at the moment if i'me honest , just think we're all being taken for a ride IMHO
regards
DR

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Its my local club and has been since my dad first took me in 1953. I just wish all the bloody moaners would give players more than 10 minutes before condemning them

My old grandad used to take me on the bus around 1968 and stick me down the front of the chicken run.
Nearly fifty years later I'm still a fanatic. We are both old but you are considerably older than me :thumbsup:

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
From a personal point of view I get to attend matches with my 76 year old dad and 14 year old son and my best mates.

Plus all the memories down the years both good and bad.

The same as any true supporter of most clubs I suppose?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The pride of Sussex. This stunning county, has a great football club to match with immense history going back to 1901.

Great memories of promotions and wins.

The stadium. Possibly a blokes thing? But I love it.

The huge and growing fanbase, back to the way it always was.

That'll do.

First and foremost see myself as Sussex, (West!).
Kind of how a Texan views his position in The United States only without the yee-haa.

The Albion has always been a massive part of that identity, through the hard times and the good.

So I guess the clubs identity, and of course the memories are it's most enjoyable feature.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
From a personal point of view I get to attend matches with my 76 year old dad and 14 year old son and my best mates.

Plus all the memories down the years both good and bad.

The same as any true supporter of most clubs I suppose?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took my eighty five year old dad to the top of the West Upper for the England match a few years ago.
I thought he would have a heart attack going up all those stairs.
In the event it was me that was knackered!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Shared experiences both good and bad plus the tribal nature of football offers a unique opportunity to indulge our baser instincts. :angel:

el punal

Is it the winning? The feeling of belonging? A general love of football?

I was discussing this earlier with a couple of other Brighton fans and what we get out of supporting Brighton. For me, it's a great day out with like-minded mates where, quite often, the football is secondary and also sharing very special moments with my lads. The kind of times that money just can't buy.

Everything you've said just about ticks all the boxes. In addition, there are two instances from last season that had me on Cloud 9. Both were matches that I missed (grrr!) for family commitments.

The first was the Sheffield Wednesday home game in January. I had to go to watch the Circe de Soleil at the Albert Hall. No mobile phones were allowed to be switched on so there was no way I could get score updates. Finally, the show ended at just gone 10.00pm - straight onto the mobile to find that we won 2-1. The feeling of euphoria lasted through a wonderful weekend of celebratory pints and internet catching up of the game.

The second was the QPR away game in April. I was stuck at Heathrow airport waiting for a flight to Mexico. I didn't dare look at my phone or any TV screens until 9.40., only to find that the match hadn't finished but we were 2-1 up. By this time we were boarding the plane just as the full time whistle blew. I tell you, whatever altitude that plane was flying I was higher. I knew then that promotion was won. An absolutely wonderful feeling - and I wasn't even at the game!

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Funnily enough, I was having a pretty similar discussion with some Chinese locals this evening. They follow the usual suspects, and I was asking them how happy it would make them feel, if their respective teams won the elite competitions (in most cases, again). It really wouldn't make much of a difference was my reading.

I was explaining to them, that the excitement of knowing that one day, we might win an FA Cup, or qualify for a European competition is my equivalent. They couldn't understand this logic, and felt sorry for me!

Ok, I'm in Asia, but surely this logic remains true if you support Man Utd and have always lived in Burgess Hill? Does anyone have a good analogy that I could use, when trying to explain the difference in supporting your local team, vs a random one?

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Being part of the totally unpredictable and never boring journey that this club has been on in the 23 years I've supported it has been absolutely magnificent.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The pride of being one of many who support their local team through good times and bad times (Apart from matchdays on NSC after a defeat or transfer windows when we haven't signed all the players NSC rate)
No plastics here please!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
My old grandad used to take me on the bus around 1968 and stick me down the front of the chicken run.
Nearly fifty years later I'm still a fanatic. We are both old but you are considerably older than me :thumbsup:
Must have been near you did you ever change the half time scores over the wall.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Born here, local club. Still can't take anyone seriously who supports one of the big clubs but has no connection to whichever City. Even when we were bottom of league 2 I'd shoot the glory hunting t***ts down just by shaming them with that tag.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
The pride of being one of many who support their local team through good times and bad times (Apart from matchdays on NSC after a defeat or transfer windows when we haven't signed all the players NSC rate)
No plastics here please!

I was in your neck of the woods yesterday, big old ship called Norwegian Spirit. Went for a little run in my Albion training top; far to hot for that malarkey. I should have known better. Love Malta.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here