Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luxury watch enthusiasts....

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I haven't worn a watch for over 35 years. My wife wears one which she bought off someone who found it in a skip. Nothing fancy but it was just what she was looking for after she couldn't find the ideal watch through the conventional channels.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I have my grandads Omega gents watch, not sure what it's worth, not really bothered.
To me priceless.

Good man.

Omega's are cracking watches my current 'best' watch is a new style Seamaster 300 series. Love it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No, I think expensive looking watches just say mug me

Providing a watch keeps good time I will wear it until it is dead

GypsyKing

Feb 4, 2013
I was that way a couple of years ago, and would buy and sell watches of varying values quite frequently.

Then I got a Garmin Forerunner 235 and ever since then I've had black plastic instead of stainless steel on my wrist - it's probably saved me a fair bit of money as a result!

Absolutely LOVE mine. Have various other more expensive watches but find I wear this by far the most. Bought it originally for running due to the inbuilt heart monitor but now have great fun tracking silly things such as how far I walked around universal studios or how long a roller coaster ride was... comfortable and looks good as well.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I treated myself to a gorgeous watch by an unknown company in Lincoln, who hand-make each watch to order. Its understated and the quality means it will last for generations. It 's not so much an investment as something to pass on to my kids.

Check them out (no plug intended), they've been a family-owned company for centuries. Forget your Omegas and Tag Heuers, these are fantastic in their unique simplicity: Pinchbeck

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Late to this thread but I got a watch I’ve wanted for a while for Christmas, sister company of Rolex but not so glitzy or recognisable. Beauty of it is that it only takes about 2 mins to change the straps, so now I’m starting a strap collection :smile:

https://goo.gl/images/FY9d9f

Feb 28, 2009
30 odd years ago, my wife said if I gave up smoking I should spend the money I saved on a good watch.

So after a year or so saving I bought a Rolex.

This lives on my wrist day and night and has only stopped once. I was in hospital and it sat in my drawer for a few days and so wasen't wound up automatically.

Great watch, I would recomend it.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
30 odd years ago, my wife said if I gave up smoking I should spend the money I saved on a good watch.

So after a year or so saving I bought a Rolex.

This lives on my wrist day and night and has only stopped once. I was in hospital and it sat in my drawer for a few days and so wasen't wound up automatically.

Great watch, I would recomend it.

I did the same 17 years ago and bought a Breitling Superocean. A couple of years ago I added a Breitling Avenger II Seawolf. I now switch between the two, both great watches.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Late to this thread but I got a watch I’ve wanted for a while for Christmas, sister company of Rolex but not so glitzy or recognisable. Beauty of it is that it only takes about 2 mins to change the straps, so now I’m starting a strap collection :smile:

https://goo.gl/images/FY9d9f

Love Tudor watches, classic and great value. The S & G heritage is on my list beautiful watch.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Looking to sell my Omega Seamaster 300. Will post some pics. Let me know if any of you are interested.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
They're actually a good investment. I have a Breitling Super Ocean that I bought, new, for £1,050 back in 2000. Now worth about £2,750 (I have spent about £1000 in maintenance, servicing and repairs, though :lolol:).

Almost exactly the same scenario for me.

Just waiting for it to come back from being serviced.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Anyone ever owned a Junghans chronoscope? Would you recommend?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here