Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have one on those in black. Bit small, but otherwise it's great.

I got it, because whatever watch I wear, tends to spend a fair bit of time in jeans pockets, hung on the peg of an unsecured football or cricket changing room. But it is an absolute classic. Might buy another colour right now.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But it is an absolute classic.
Terrorist watch of choice :)

I love the design, but doesn't the size put you off at all? You could consider something similar but a little bigger.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
There are some beautiful Seiko watches, for sure.

Im certainly no watch snob. One of my favourites is a retro white plastic Casio digital, bought off eBay for a fiver. Classic design. This kind of thing;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Casio-Digi..._rd_wg=ABVbI&refRID=RMRX4MHSF8TJ8NRCF739&th=1

View attachment 93743

Have a similar one myself, women's version. I also have a tag but prefer this, probably because I had one like it in the 80's

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Casio-Collection-Stainless-Bracelet-LA670WEA-1EF/dp/B008R52I1Y?pd_rd_wg=Ma9Sm&pd_rd_r=9cd1df15-4719-467c-b98b-a05bf16ed23e&pd_rd_w=AmRwM&ref_=pd_gw_simh&pf_rd_r=N9EPHVD57G6EEE3RPDW4&pf_rd_p=14f91171-0541-58ad-938b-3aec945f4cb7

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tudor much more expensive? Have you checked out the upper Grand Seiko models?

I've not looked at the Tudor range recently, but I think you'll find the best Seiko watches cost many times the price of the best Tudors.

As I said I don’t know much about them but @triggaar was suggesting they were the best value watches out there so I assumed they wouldn’t be more expensive than a Tudor :shrug:

I guess it comes down to what you like rather than what people tell you is best...

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I also bought my husband Omega Seamaster Automatic. We were thinking of starting a family and I know he had his heart on one of these, so I saved up and surprised him. I thought that was the last time I could afford to be so frivolous if children came along. How correct I was. Seems to have increased in value since I purchased it, so maybe not so frivolous after all.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As I said I don’t know much about them but @triggaar was suggesting they were the best value watches out there so I assumed they wouldn’t be more expensive than a Tudor :shrug:
When I was talking about best value, I wasn't thinking of the Grand Seiko, I was thinking of the sub £500 watches. But still, if you're looking for the top quality, I still think Grand Seiko compare well against the competition.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I also bought my husband Omega Seamaster Automatic. We were thinking of starting a family and I know he had his heart on one of these, so I saved up and surprised him. I thought that was the last time I could afford to be so frivolous if children came along. How correct I was. Seems to have increased in value since I purchased it, so maybe not so frivolous after all.
You're an angel.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Just look at your phone ffs
001.JPG

I've been looking at my phone for 5 minutes and absolutely nothing has happened.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I don’t understand why people get hung up on the concept of in-house movements. Surely it is the quality of the movement rather than the provenance that matters.

Would you choose a pre takeover Skoda, with an ‘in-house’ engine, over a Skoda with a VW engine?

No idea about car engines however know a bit about watch movements. No one is getting hung up about an ETA or not, that seems to be your thing, I've owned a Tudor with an ETA wonederful watch kept very good time and sold for a fat profit.
Just pointing out earlier that an in house movement shows a commitment to developing own brand and at the price point different to many over offerings. Omega have developed their own movements which are highly regarded. Not trying to get into a this is better argument at all. Lots of different makes and models to please all budgets. Just trying to share my small area of knowledge.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
What's the reason people buy nice - no, any clothes - they've obviously already got enough clothes to keep them warm etc. What's the reason people buy anything?

A nice watch can be a piece of jewelry, and can be a nice thing, that's all.

Completely agree which is why all the bollocks about which action is better etc is well, bollocks. It's a fancy bracelet that tells the time, that's all.

Just look at your phone ffs

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Indeed. But some guys think it looks cool to have a nice bracelet that tells the time. Fair play to them. I think they generally look daft and "look at me!" but it's personal preference.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I've pretty much always worn sub £200 Seiko watches because of the very plain Seiko my old man wore but a fortnight ago after 2 or 3 months of umming and ahhing I bought myself one of these:
View attachment 93750
Not a luxury watch but I like it and some of the stuff it does.
I shouldn't wear it to work but I do.

Attachments

• charlie1.jpg
    charlie1.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 50

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here