Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray "out for 3 months"

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Thank you.

Here's a direct quote from Chris Hughton saying Hemed was going nowhere, which is what I remembered.

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/s...pite_Royals__39____39___4m_bid__39_/?ref=mmsp

To me that all fits in with the idea that we're not desparate to sell him but if everything goes/went to plan and the right offer came in we would sell him. The key quote is this:

“If I’m looking at the options we’ve got at the moment, particularly with Sam Baldock being injured, we’ve got two out-and-out strikers, Glenn (Murray) and Tomer.

"We need everyone that we’ve got.”

As it stands, there is absolutely no chance Hemed is going anywhere now he's our only fit striker.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Andy Naylor has said in quite a few articles over the last few days, that Hemed is expected to be sold, with apparently 4 championship clubs after him.

Whether this is just his opinion or not, we will find out if we bring in a minimum of two strikers, but he knows more than almost everyone on here.

In my opinion, with 4 clubs chasing him, pushing the price up and up, we would be mad not to cash in, but only if we have enough players to fill the massive void we currently have up front.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We really are anything but premiership ready and clearly going after 2 unwanted titles: 1st club to take on Prem without any strikers b) least points and goals scored by a PL side.

We're appear to be screwed!

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
We really are anything but premiership ready and clearly going after 2 unwanted titles: 1st club to take on Prem without any strikers b) least points and goals scored by a PL side.

We're appear to be screwed!

Are you available on Saturdays to give pre-match talks to the squad?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Baldock who bloody know, it's beyond a joke now. "minor calf injury" in June, i'd be amazed to see him back before October.

He had an operation so it wasn't minor. . And in fact Hughton himself said last week he would be back in full training "in a month".
So October is what is expected/hoped for.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Izzy SHOULD be in contention for WBA

Baldock who bloody know, it's beyond a joke now. "minor calf injury" in June, i'd be amazed to see him back before October.

I thought it was reported that he was returning to Chelsea and would be back with us after the International break.
Doesn't mean he will be in contention

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

Refusing to pay that £1m (yes, that's ONE million) bung for Tammy Abraham could prove very costly now.

So his hefty wages AND £20K a week fee (at least - there were reports of all sorts of extras) after terms had been agreed for a loan player who has to return after a season is just fine . Is there any deal that's not ok ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So this comes from LR senior ...I think I'll reserve judgement on this 'info'
....just as an aside Richardson was rather taking the pis* out of Chris H

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

HMMM..So LR let's slip club say nothing ..puzzling

Except the club did say this after Watford.

41d070cfe5530c503ca5b9eae87cb55e.png

And if he really is out for 3 months then as other posters have hinted at , there's a couple of pix / vids of him (on Instagram) on the beach on Sunday with no strapping or protective case and walking normally .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here