Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So how much will our main striker purchase cost?...

How much cash will we splash?

• <14m

Votes: 29 27.6%
  • 14-16m

Votes: 29 27.6%
  • 16-18m

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • 18m>

Votes: 30 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Even if a piece saying that Izquierdo, March, Brown, Gross and Knockaert as the various options to provide an attacking threat or service up front is a nice problem for Hughton , because well it is.

I'm not questioning the quality of option we have going forward. It's the timing of the article which is worrying. We're in dire need of a centre-forward and we've been pretty unlucky recently when it comes to bringing one in.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'm not questioning the quality of option we have going forward. It's the timing of the article which is worrying. We're in dire need of a centre-forward and we've been pretty unlucky recently when it comes to bringing one in.

Yep. Exactly. Essentially the thrust of this Argus article here.
Is that article positive then ?
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...___but_two_points_dropped_could_prove_costly/

PS: Articles in the argus are unlikely to have much bearing on whether Everton are happy with a loan deal rather than a permanent deal for Oumar Niasse or whether Cardiff will accept a bid for their striker given they are top of the Championship.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
How much?

Double if not triple the cost of getting this job done in July. Clubs now know we are literally desperate to sign a new striker and will price theirs accordingly. I wouldn't be surprised if we got nobody in up top because we get quoted such massive prices now. But we shall see, we are where we are now so may as well just sit back and hope the club get something done.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Not this summer for a permanent transfer.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Why? I mean why any more unlikely than us spending £18m plus?

Because we can only get one more loan from the domestic league. The other would therefore have to come from abroad (as mentioned in another post) - so it's possible, but really quite unlikely that a foreign league will loan us a decent player to get PL experience.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Because we can only get one more loan from the domestic league. The other would therefore have to come from abroad (as mentioned in another post) - so it's possible, but really quite unlikely that a foreign league will loan us a decent player to get PL experience.

Ahem, examples of fwds from last season...Jonathan Calleri at West Ham? Simone Zaza at West Ham? M'Baye Niang at Watford? Negrado at Boro?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here