Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pascal Groß - what do we think?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Watching him last night, and no disrespect to us, I thought gross could thrive at a ‘bigger’club. You just know that when he gets the ball in a wide position, a telling cross is on the way. It’s a rare quality.
I’m not sure about other aspects of his game though, at a higher level.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't think it's a coincidence that PG has a MotM performance in a game with both AK and Jose occupying the opposition defence.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Pleasing that the club opted for a 4 year deal. Doubtless his terms will be improved once safety is secured too.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Player of the season for me. Our Best Buy in recent years.

With a decent striker to feed we'd be up there with Burnley.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Watching him last night, and no disrespect to us, I thought gross could thrive at a ‘bigger’club. You just know that when he gets the ball in a wide position, a telling cross is on the way. It’s a rare quality.
I’m not sure about other aspects of his game though, at a higher level.

With better players around him Groß would be even more effective

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I think that’s fair enough, but many have given Kayal motm and he equally made two terrible passes that nearly led to goals first half.

Oh I know, I was pointing it out for that very reason. It just seems like some players get a free pass, yet if Bong/Stephens/Murray give the ball the way even once there are audible groans and ratings of 6 and below on here.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Oh I know, I was pointing it out for that very reason. It just seems like some players get a free pass, yet if Bong/Stephens/Murray give the ball the way even once there are audible groans and ratings of 6 and below on here.

That is true. Add Duffy to that list too. I call it Barnes Syndrome.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

As much as the groaning pisses me off, esp at Bong, if we're not going to give Gross a free pass there really isn't any point in going, (which I didn't last night)

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don't think it's a coincidence that PG has a MotM performance in a game with both AK and Jose occupying the opposition defence.

We had a real determination to carry out a plan last night. We sat when we needed to, but we were also confident in possession and going forward, that in those first 20mins we had enough threat that Spurs had no choice but to retreat and take less risks. It was nervy at times, but given the pressure, it was a resilient brave performance, not only brave physically as I thought we put ourselves about as much as we have in a while, but brave mentality in wanting the ball and wanting to attack. Really pleased with what we saw. In some respects disappointed not to have won it!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
He's not the tallest
He's not the strongest
He's not the quickest
He's not the most skilful

Yet he's a wonderful footballer to watch. He is just a BRILLIANT decision maker and does everything so precisely and cleanly. He did the slowest Cryuff turn I've ever seen yesterday....and it left a guy on his arse. Brilliant.

If we don't end up with bids from clubs in the summer I'd be staggered. You could airdrop him into a VERY good team and he would just fit right in.

"Chances created" is a much more interesting stat than assists. Assists require your teammate to finish the chance. I think we have been brilliant but Pascal isn't quite whipping balls in for a Harry Kane or a Mo Salah. He would be an assist machine in other teams.

I absolutely love watching him play and will enjoy it for however long it lasts.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He's not the tallest
He's not the strongest
He's not the quickest
He's not the most skilful

Yet he's a wonderful footballer to watch. He is just a BRILLIANT decision maker and does everything so precisely and cleanly. He did the slowest Cryuff turn I've ever seen yesterday....and it left a guy on his arse. Brilliant.

If we don't end up with bids from clubs in the summer I'd be staggered. You could airdrop him into a VERY good team and he would just fit right in.

"Chances created" is a much more interesting stat than assists. Assists require your teammate to finish the chance. I think we have been brilliant but Pascal isn't quite whipping balls in for a Harry Kane or a Mo Salah. He would be an assist machine in other teams.

I absolutely love watching him play and will enjoy it for however long it lasts.

That was my point about him, he finds time on the ball whereas most of our players don’t have that quality. If he had pace he would be a superstar...and it wouldn’t be for us.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That was my point about him, he finds time on the ball whereas most of our players don’t have that quality. If he had pace he would be a superstar...and it wouldn’t be for us.

Was it Ben Davies he got with his 'Cruyff turn' in the first half just outside the box? Has any defender read it all season? I saw it coming a mile off, I think Davies did, but still he couldn't do anything about it. I'm going to start calling it the 'Pascal Pivot'.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Was it Ben Davies he got with his 'Cruyff turn' in the first half just outside the box? Has any defender read it all season? I saw it coming a mile off, I think Davies did, but still he couldn't do anything about it. I'm going to start calling it the 'Pascal Pivot'.

We all saw it coming, the Spurs coaching team would’ve known it was coming (he does it EVERY game), the defender would’ve been told to watch out for it and would’ve been expecting it. STILL left him looking like a lemon 5 yards from the ball a second later. Fantastic.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I normally just click on the last page, but clicking on the first page has brightened my afternoon :lol:
I really can't decide whether he is any good. At times he looks okay but generally I have only seen a player that is a bit too lightweight and slow for this division.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
As much as the groaning pisses me off, esp at Bong, if we're not going to give Gross a free pass there really isn't any point in going, (which I didn't last night)

The fellow along the row from us often moans at Bong quite unreasonably. Lat night was the best though. Bruno lost the ball on the far side, near the Northeast, but even though Bruno was clearly on the other side of the pitch, has a long beard and is a white man, still the moan went up 'Oh Bong, for gawd's sake.':ffsparr:

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I don't want to over analyse what makes him so great as I just like to marvel at his skill

However looking at his Cruyff turns and general skills on the ball I think he somehow fools the defender by making his upper body look like he is about to do something completely different. It is as if his body and legs are working independently of each other.

He is such a gifted footballer- and also I think quite unique. I just love watching him play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He seems to have slipped out of the list of Premier League Assist Kings so it's probably time to bin him off and get someone decent in.

Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 10.50.15.png

More >>> https://whisp.rs/2HerlZR

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here