Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pascal Groß - what do we think?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fair to say Gross was pretty anonymous and ineffectual in the first 3 games, but I think we have to have a little bit of patience and give these guys a chance to settle into the team and adjust to the pace of the Premier League. Expecting them to hit the ground running right from the get-go is a big ask at this level, but Gross is clearly adapting now, and exactly the same can be said of Propper. We're starting to gel as a team, and have been getting gradually better and better game by game.

There's still going to be games where we get our arses handed to us on a plate, but I've been hugely encouraged at how much the team has progressed since the insipid display at Leicester. Gross and Propper have definitely arrived at the party now.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Technically he seems very proficient. He seems to lack a bit of pace. I think that is quite acceptable to have creative proficient players in the team as long as we have a few quick players as well.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Really fascinating article written in broken English.....

The enigma that is Pascal.

http://bundesligafanatic.com/song-of-the-unsung-midfielders-pascal-gros/

The most fascinating part of his stats is that he's not great at the throughball , he creates most of his opportunities from a quarterback position. So posters suggesting that position for him on here seem to be backed by the stats.

He's king of corners and long balls.

Gonna be a fascinating player to watch in the coming weeks.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Funny comment from a Baggie's fan on the Guardian's match report page:

"Congrats to the seagulls, well worth the win, even if Gross looks like Michael Fassbender's brother who has been kept in the attic."

View attachment 89110

Nice quote from that article – let's hope the second bit turns out to be true: "No other player could match the 95 chances created by Gross in the Bundesliga last season. He seems a bargain at £3m."

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There's still going to be games where we get our arses handed to us on a plate
Indeed there will, let's just hope we can cope.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 16.48.04.png

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Great to see him show the quality that was notable in his pre-season performances. Shame he's not a shade quicker, but he's always on the move. I thought that as well as his obvious attacking qualities, he's a great help in defending from the front.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Just catching up on Mondays Totally Football Show podcast and was interested to learn that Gross came through at Hoffenheim under Southwick FC''s very own Ralf Rangnick. Nice local connection.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Apologies if already posted elsewhere - is Pascal Gross likely to be fit for Sunday?

I haven't heard or read anything on the injury that forced him off at Bournemouth

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Apologies if already posted elsewhere - is Pascal Gross likely to be fit for Sunday?

I haven't heard or read anything on the injury that forced him off at Bournemouth

Waits for Manager's press conference where CH says out for a couple of weeks (AKA till January:()

D

Deleted member 2719

Yet another world class cross from Gross for Murray, that lads has a wand on his leg.

D

Deleted member 18477

Yet another world class cross from Gross for Murray, that lads has a wand on his leg.

I think they said today on commentary that Gross has contributed by scoring or assisting half our goals this season.

He is Brighton's Kevin De Bruyne!

D

Deleted member 2719

I think they said today on commentary that Gross has contributed by scoring or assisting half our goals this season.

He is Brighton's Kevin De Bruyne!

He certainly is, i wonder how many drinks Murray has had to buy him so far as he is getting most of praise, feel a bit sorry for Gross, time GM returned the favour!!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He is a fantastic player who is suffering from the lack of quality in our team. When our first team is available, and we're not playing against a top 8 side, you'll see his sheer class and quality. I have no question at all that he's a wonderful player, clearly Premier League quality. Maybe he's struggling to impose himself at the moment but we've had a tough start and the whole team is taking time to adapt. I think the whole team is going to be stronger against West Brom at the Amex in a couple of weeks.

He should be our most creative player but he's the least creative. Hopefully gets dropped for brown who would be awesome in that role.

Nailed it.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Says it all, really [emoji23]
4a9b94b79ad70255e85df86ce10c92c9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here