Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pascal Groß - what do we think?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Yes and compete in all areas for 90 minutes! Not just 70 and then decide to sit back and defend. In an otherwise excellent performance it was the only annoyance.

I think it changed when Bruno went off - lost the attacking threat down the right and allowed WBA to advance.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
It's a double-edged sword with the likes of Pascal Gross. If he continues to excel he'll be hot property come the next transfer window or two. Hope he does and we'll deal with it if and when it happens.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Was simply fantastic for 30 minutes after half time. It's amazing what confidence can do. But I would have subbed him on 75 minutes. Looked shattered and let Morrison drift pass him for their goal. Still think it'd be good to see him and Propper swap positions.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I think it changed when Bruno went off - lost the attacking threat down the right and allowed WBA to advance.

Nothing to do with Bruno going off , as a team we dropped too deep , and we started hoofing the ball , straight back to WBA who then proceeded to attack us for the last 15 mins of the match

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Nothing to do with Bruno going off , as a team we dropped too deep , and we started hoofing the ball , straight back to WBA who then proceeded to attack us for the last 15 mins of the match

Not really, we were bossing it and looking more likely to score a 4th than them scoring, it's only when they scored did they suddenly start believing in themselves again and committed their fullbacks further forward and pushed us back as we'd worked so hard we did start to look a bit leggy. I don't think we intentionally dropped back by any means. Thought we did a solid job of limiting them to just 1 clear chance after they scored which Maty dealt with brilliantly.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Not for teams that need reinforcements in defence...

Splitting hairs my friend. Players who can find the net or assist others in doing so are more difficult to find and as a result are more in demand. You only have to look at our most recent transfer window to see that. Not just at the Albion mind.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Splitting hairs my friend. Players who can find the net or assist others in doing so are more difficult to find and as a result are more in demand. You only have to look at our most recent transfer window to see that. Not just at the Albion mind.

As a result they cost more, even with just a Championship or (dodgy) overseas league record, and these days demand massive wages according to buying clubs.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Was simply fantastic for 30 minutes after half time. It's amazing what confidence can do. But I would have subbed him on 75 minutes. Looked shattered and let Morrison drift pass him for their goal. Still think it'd be good to see him and Propper swap positions.

Exactly what we said - he'd absolutely run his nuts off by then and looked very tired. Haven't checked his stats but I reckon he covers an immense amount of ground, and intelligently. He was constantly pressing WBA players, or cutting off a potential pass.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Come on for who? Both wingers were doing a good job defensively and I think that's what CH was concentrating on
It depends on which minute of the game you make the decision. I thought Knockaert was making mistakes, I would probably have chosen him. Jose can track back too, as we saw against Watford. I thought March was tiring, but then he did defend well. I think Jose could defend and attack - something March and Knockaert could have done too if they weren't so knackered. Jose could have given us a way out, and made West Brom leave more players back.

I imagine Chris would have brought on Sidwell if he'd been fit. We needed to do something.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
But we looked a lot weaker down that side and had they switched Burke to that side when he came on he would have given us more problems than he did I think. Liam Rosenior looked off of the pace and lacking match time..

Agree about Burke but Hughton's tactical switch of making March the extra full back snuffed him out.
Rosenior did ok i thought. Thats 2 games in a row now Bruno has had to come off after 45/60 mins.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

In fairness, my comment was meant in jest more than anything.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Saw two completely different versions of Gross yesterday. Before the goal, he was poor and easily dispossed. He even he hesitated and almost messed up the goal. But once he scored, he looked like a top quality player. Hopefully it'll give him a much needed confidence boost.

He has the ability but hasn't shown it just yet.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You're not the only one to say this, but I disagree about Gross prior to his goal. I sit in the south end of WSU, and he was positioned in front of us for a fair bit in the first half, when he was strong, instrumental in our dominance, his passing (check out the ball he played to Solly, prior to his goal -- it was better than every single one of Dunk's, which is saying quite something) and positioning was excellent.
He doesn't have pace, but he's got a great engine, and is a very clever player. There were several excellent performances yesterday, but he was MotM and, in my view, played well throughout.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here