Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pascal Groß - what do we think?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I personally thought that Propper was the most improved performance today. Maybe this enabled Gross to push on and support Hemed

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Great stats in Germany for a relegated side. Give him time to get used to the Premier then have a think. Three games with practically no-one ahead of him isn't the time.

not familar with his stats, on MotD Wrighty mentions something like 90 odd chance created at his last club, depiste them being relegated. we read that recruitment is led by stats analysis (as thats Blooms business essentially) so presume this isnt a coincidence.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
To be a stable mid table prem side, so like stoke, West Brom we have to compete in every position.
Today we done that but we need to do it for 38 games.
Let's hope we put in plenty more performances like today

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
To be a stable mid table prem side, so like stoke, West Brom we have to compete in every position.
Today we done that but we need to do it for 38 games.
Let's hope we put in plenty more performances like today

Yes and compete in all areas for 90 minutes! Not just 70 and then decide to sit back and defend. In an otherwise excellent performance it was the only annoyance.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
i removed him from my fantasy football team during the week......everything else is irrelevant.

I removed him a couple of weeks back so typically he had a great game.

I've got a dire 31 points for this weekend so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
His goal seemed to lift him dramatically, as until then he had looked the lightweight player, easily brushed off the ball and dispossed that I had seen vs City and Leicester. He was like a different player once he scored the first. Fantastic and very opportune time for him to show why we bought him. Impressive 2nd half for me, I hope that was his real form that we hadn't seen much of until then.

He did make some comment about toughening up in the Premier League I thought I heard during his post match interview.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
not familar with his stats, on MotD Wrighty mentions something like 90 odd chance created at his last club, depiste them being relegated. we read that recruitment is led by stats analysis (as thats Blooms business essentially) so presume this isnt a coincidence.

I heard that too. In a top league, that sounds great. Signed for just a £2.55m transfer fee.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
He's rubbish, and so are Ryan and Propper. Our recruitment team are a disgrace. Barber out.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Saw two completely different versions of Gross yesterday. Before the goal, he was poor and easily dispossed. He even he hesitated and almost messed up the goal. But once he scored, he looked like a top quality player. Hopefully it'll give him a much needed confidence boost.

He has the ability but hasn't shown it just yet.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes and compete in all areas for 90 minutes! Not just 70 and then decide to sit back and defend. In an otherwise excellent performance it was the only annoyance.
We didn't just decide to sit back, we were tired and West Brom improved (following subs). We scored first, and instead of sitting back we then pushed for another. And then when 2-0 up we still pushed forward! Very reassuring from a tactical point of view.

The only thing I didn't like was not making a change in the last 10/15 minutes when we looked a spent force. Jose should have come on IMO.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Two goals an assist and nearly another with the corner Duffy got on the end of is seriously impressive at this level.

Took goal with his right foot crossed for Hemed with his left and covers an obscene amount of ground on the pitch. The cross field pass to Solly for the goal was also incredible.

Admits himself still adjusting and improving every week well if he does this will go down as one incredible bit of business by the club

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We didn't just decide to sit back, we were tired and West Brom improved (following subs). We scored first, and instead of sitting back we then pushed for another. And then when 2-0 up we still pushed forward! Very reassuring from a tactical point of view.

The only thing I didn't like was not making a change in the last 10/15 minutes when we looked a spent force. Jose should have come on IMO.

Come on for who? Both wingers were doing a good job defensively and I think that's what CH was concentrating on ..if WBA hadn't got their goal then I have no doubt he would have been on

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The whole bus was laughing at me on the way home. I dropped Pascal to the bench in my fantasy league team. Who kept him out? the usesless WBA defender Hegazi.

Think I will keep him (which is more than I can say for Hegazi) :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here