• What's Tapatalk?

Votes: 30 9.6%

• Total voters

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It’s the only way I access NSC. I will try the other link.

Edit. Tried link but not sure how to access NSC from there. Tapatalk is simple, no need to log in repeatedly, always opens on the page I want. Even shows tweets now.

Last edited:

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
I like tapatalk. I have other forums i use as well on it. Keeps it all in one place. However as you can see i am more of a reader of NSC than a poster these days.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Tapatalk app on Android (phone) and Ipad for me. Both work fine. Ads are less intrusive than on desktop using Windows.

Can't vote in polls but otherwise ok. No issues with being logged out etc.

Interesting thing is that notifications in Tapatalk often show as posted by full name rather than NSC username, so if you're trying to stay anonymous you're possibly not......not sure of which setting determines it though as it's not all users.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Always use browser.
Tried TapaTalk, but cannot get on with it.
Have deleted the app, as it always seems to open up on Tapatalk, when I select NSC on chrome for some reason, even though I did choose chrome as the main choice!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Tapatalk is great for checking the match day thread when you're at the game , it's amazing what you can see listening to the radio .

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Tried it, but couldn't get on with it. Easier to pinch and zoom on the web browser. I never understood why it was so popular, not just because I couldn't get on with it, but with so many people saying "I can't see tweets on taptalk", "I can't do that on tapatalk" and so on. If you miss so much when using it, why bother?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I never use NSC on mobile or tablet anymore. Tapatalk is awful and NSC on a browser is slow and clunky and hard to navigate without pressing the wrong link.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I've mostly moved over to Tapatalk in last few months. It finally displays social media links, the notifications and alerts are good. Straightforward stuff like editing posts, quotes, uploading images is now also pretty straightforward.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Always use browser and had very few problems. Never tried Tapatalk - thought about it, but never taken the plunge.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Tapatalk is great if one is moving around, i.e shopping with my wife which usually ends up with me hanging about between shops and refreshing NSC. I find it much quicker to use than a browser on a phone. Yes it has drawbacks, but it is very quick and uncluttered. I have the V.I.P. version, don't know if you can get that anymore, but there are no ads at all.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Can you follow the link I posted earlier.

Just tried it. One question was this supposed to be a link to NSC on this script or is it just the forum test script with loads of admin type threads/posts just for us to get an idea of the look/feel?

It’s the only way I access NSC. I will try the other link.

Edit. Tried link but not sure how to access NSC from there. Tapatalk is simple, no need to log in repeatedly, always opens on the page I want. Even shows tweets now.

The logging in/out all the time is what puts me off from using it via safari or any other browser tbh. That might be lazy but Tappatalk is excellent for skimming what's going on, notifications etc when zipping between meetings and wanting a mooch about or a quick reply. Would probably not use it as much if this method was cut off.

Tapatalk app on Android (phone) and Ipad for me. Both work fine. Ads are less intrusive than on desktop using Windows.

Can't vote in polls but otherwise ok. No issues with being logged out etc.

Interesting thing is that notifications in Tapatalk often show as posted by full name rather than NSC username, so if you're trying to stay anonymous you're possibly not......not sure of which setting determines it though as it's not all users.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I think this depends on whether you follow that poster via Tappatalk or not rather than specific tappatalk settings.

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
I only use Tapatalk for NSC. it's ok but no loyalty to it - the other link you posted looks fine and would happily move over to that

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
My general preference is for desktop sites across the internet on my phone. You end up losing too much content by using mobile sites.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here