Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Monk's Farm

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
No they aren't. Would love to know where you got the 35% from.

What has the school got to do with anything?

The Adur Residents Environmetai Action (AREA)group have been monitoring it.

The school is part of the plan. You can't build 600 houses without some infrastructure. The school is a) single class when it needs to be two class to cope and b) shoved up by the (overly polluted) road which is against recommendations.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

The school is part of the plan. You can't build 600 houses without some infrastructure. The school is a) single class when it needs to be two class to cope and b) shoved up by the (overly polluted) road which is against recommendations.

Arun District Council can.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Have the club found a crystal ball to be accurate on the figures below and if so are they going to sell them in the club shop ??

•74% of the traffic going to IKEA would approach from the east which is on the section of the A27 which flows freely
•In the AM morning peak the traffic generated by the development is less than proposed in Adur’s emerging local plan
•In the PM evening peak the increase in traffic generated by the development is less than 1%. To the west this means an increase of just 30 vehicles

From the Argus article on this last week the figures were drawn up by traffic consultants working for Ikea so the club will just be quoting that. Whilst I'm in favour of the development in general the figures do seem rather low and would realistically expect a lot more traffic than that.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

OK thanks, I can see a couple of newspaper articles but I can't see the data that they produced, how it was collected or precisely where from, but it is unlikely to be relevant in terms of exposure/health. They may not also have monitored for long enough to obtain reasonable averaging periods. Worth noting that Adur DC already monitors at three locations on Shoreham High Street and has done for many years (as all local authorities are required to do). I suspect, like the council's monitors, they were sampling at kerbside locations and therefore monitoring cars' direct (exhaust pipe) emissions rather than people's exposure. The Objectives you refer to relate to exposure over the course of a year and therefore only apply to residential dwellings and other sensitive receptors such as schools and hospitals.

Re the school it will be located 130 metres from the A27. What a lot of people don't realise is that air pollution levels drop off very rapidly away from roads, and you generally only get a significant problem where there are houses located very close to the road (e.g. in the centre of Lewes, or Rottingdean High Street), or in large cities.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Any indications on other work going on to support 600 houses and other developments taking place in Shoreham ..such as a new Doctors Surgery

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
OK thanks, I can see a couple of newspaper articles but I can't see the data that they produced, how it was collected or precisely where from, but it is unlikely to be relevant in terms of exposure/health. They may not also have monitored for long enough to obtain reasonable averaging periods. Worth noting that Adur DC already monitors at three locations on Shoreham High Street and has done for many years (as all local authorities are required to do). I suspect, like the council's monitors, they were sampling at kerbside locations and therefore monitoring cars' direct (exhaust pipe) emissions rather than people's exposure. The Objectives you refer to relate to exposure over the course of a year and therefore only apply to residential dwellings and other sensitive receptors such as schools and hospitals.

Re the school it will be located 130 metres from the A27. What a lot of people don't realise is that air pollution levels drop off very rapidly away from roads, and you generally only get a significant problem where there are houses located very close to the road (e.g. in the centre of Lewes, or Rottingdean High Street), or in large cities.

The councils monitoring, certainly in Shoreham High St, has not worked for quite a while.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

One of quite a few

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/e...ear-pollution-blackspots-say-mps-9909317.html

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Councillors should ask what the Country Park is?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_park

This is a planning gain. It gives the public right of access to an area of private property which would otherwise be fenced off and inaccessible.

There used to be a Right of Way between the Saltings Railway Bridge and Lancing Manor.

PS: I would tend to drain/pump the excess water off into an overflow pond and double it up as a wildlife feature.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Once it's built I'd like to see every road named after an Albion legend, Horton Drive, Wards Way, etc

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Councillors should ask what the Country Park is?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_park

This is a planning gain. It gives the public right of access to an area of private property which would otherwise be fenced off and inaccessible.

There used to be a Right of Way between the Saltings Railway Bridge and Lancing Manor.

PS: I would tend to drain/pump the excess water off into an overflow pond and double it up as a wildlife feature.

Who gives a toss what you think as someone who campaigned against the Amex.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Case Crescent?

Foster Fields for the country park?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here