Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Raiders 23-13 4th quarter

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Some great finishes to the early games tonight - how was that a fumble although always nice to see the skins going down (even if its to the Eagles)

Redzone baby, NFL was made for this service

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Relieved Steelers fan here. Was impressed with Kizer tonight considering it was his first start and his line and running game didn't help him out much.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Raiders win, yee-ha

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Jags at the Texans. We haven't addressed our main deficiencies which are o-line and QB, I expect Bortles to get beat up quite bad. Should be low scoring but I'd imagine the Texans' D will have enough to secure the win.

DFP, you've had quite a good weekend then!

Fair play to the Jags, they were so much better than the Texans.

Houston has only just got over one hurricane, but the Jags D in the first half was almost as devastating.

Jags currently top of the AFC South. Enjoy!

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class

Houston has only just got over one hurricane, but the Jags D in the first half was almost as devastating.

Palace could top the AFC South.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Just sorted tickets for the Jags game - cannot wait 3rd year in a row and loved the other Jags games.

Packers game is not what I was hoping for!

Will get straight to bed and watch as much of D as possible before work

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Go Eagles!!!

Tickets for the dolphins on 1st oct arrived at Laura's.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Anyone on here know much about offensive line play? I can't say I'm an expert, but surely there are better free agents/I drafted players who could improve the Seahawks? Did they actually make a block in that game?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Giants and Cowboys starting soon. Odell Beckham Jr is questionable with left ankle sprain. With Beckham out Manning could be looking to TE Evan Ingram to be playmaker. Key matchup is probably Giants Janoris Jenkins against Cowboys Dez Bryant

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Jags at the Texans. We haven't addressed our main deficiencies which are o-line and QB, I expect Bortles to get beat up quite bad. Should be low scoring but I'd imagine the Texans' D will have enough to secure the win.

I don't see QB being an issue this year, Doug Marrone uses the run game a lot and Fournette will be putting up over 1,000 yards this season. He looked good yesterday.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Relieved Steelers fan here. Was impressed with Kizer tonight considering it was his first start and his line and running game didn't help him out much.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Disappointed Browns fan here. Took the gloss of the weekend a bit, mind you after that first set of plays I thought we'd be looking at about 50-0: 7-0 down and your offense hadn't even touched the ball! Thought Kizer did really well for a rookie in his first game, now they've got to stick with him because he'll have worse games than that. Ditto the rest of the team as hopefully we've realised that the constant chopping and changing hasn't helped. We're the youngest side in the NFL, and realistically the very very best we can hope for is about five or six wins. Just goes to prove that even in the NFL winning your pre-season games means nothing!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Well all my pre season optimism and postivity has evaporated after the Skins humilating defeat to the Eagles. I do not think I have seen Kirk play so badly, if he wants $30m next year he'll have to play better than that. I hope someone also reminds Terrelle Pryor that WRs are meant to CATCH the damn ball.

Liked what I saw from a hardworking defense though, Brown, Fuller and Swearinger in particular played well just let down by a horrible offense.

For the Eagles, a couple of bad throws aside, very impressed with Wentz, very calm under pressure, maturing nicely for them.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

I don't see QB being an issue this year, Doug Marrone uses the run game a lot and Fournette will be putting up over 1,000 yards this season. He looked good yesterday.

I think Marrone did exactly the right thing this off season, he lit a fire under Bortles backside and really made him sweat over his job. Marrone has been in charge for 3 regular season games, Bortles has thrown ZERO interceptions in that time.
I was very impressed with how well our O-line handled the Texans' D last night, especially with a rookie Left Tackle. Watt was being man handled by all of them.
Fournette looks like a stud which helps keep Ivory fresh, Ivory incidentally had his best game for the Jags last night.
10 sacks was a franchise record.
3.5 sacks for Calais Campbell was a franchise record.
I can't quite believe how one sided it was.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Disappointed Browns fan here. Took the gloss of the weekend a bit, mind you after that first set of plays I thought we'd be looking at about 50-0: 7-0 down and your offense hadn't even touched the ball! Thought Kizer did really well for a rookie in his first game, now they've got to stick with him because he'll have worse games than that. Ditto the rest of the team as hopefully we've realised that the constant chopping and changing hasn't helped. We're the youngest side in the NFL, and realistically the very very best we can hope for is about five or six wins. Just goes to prove that even in the NFL winning your pre-season games means nothing!

A lot of things to work on - but also a lot to be pleased with tbh. Yes its disappointing to come up short, but it was a decent performance on the whole. Thought that the D played extremely well for the majority of the game, and the O grew into it after a shaky start. Kizer did well (apart from the pick), looked composed most of the time, & made some nice throws, but he must get rid of the ball quicker...which is something that will come as he learns on the job. The O line did alright, but I must admit I did wonder early on why we had paid all that money as they weren't stopping the Steelers at all. The Crow did OK, but I dont see him as a #1 runner. Never been a huge fan of his tbh, & think we still need that big power back to complement Duke.

Its early days still, but after 30+ years of supporting some utter tripe in Cleveland, I can see the shoots of recovery appearing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here