Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official NFL 2017 Thread

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Whisper it quietly but....THE TEXANS FINALLY HAVE A QUARTERBACK!!!! (And Tom Savage.)

After so many false dawns, there's some genuine hope in the city. We beat the Pats pre-season.

Let's hope his water polo skills are good for the next few days in Houston...
Shout it LOUDLY, Jags still don't have a QB (or an O-line) and we also beat the Pats pre-season. I'm expecting another poor season where our defence keeps us competitive and our offence is woeful, even with Fournette.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Shout it LOUDLY, Jags still don't have a QB (or an O-line) and we also beat the Pats pre-season. I'm expecting another poor season where our defence keeps us competitive and our offence is woeful, even with Fournette.

With this in consideration, I'm looking forward to re-establishing our friendly AFC South hostilities soon enough, DFP!

The city of Houston might well run out of cotton wool wrapping up Watt and Clowney on a weekly basis.

But those 2 and Mercilus should make it interesting times for QBs.

In the words of NFL's Dave Dameshek..."Let it begin!"

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
So the LA Charges will play two seasons at the 30k capacity Stub Hub Centre( the soccer stadium used by Galaxy) This makes no sense to me, what were the average crowds at the Qualcomm?

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia

They have Bortles? Could be worse, could have Josh McCown (jets) as your starting QB :laugh:

So the LA Charges will play two seasons at the 30k capacity Stub Hub Centre( the soccer stadium used by Galaxy) This makes no sense to me, what were the average crowds at the Qualcomm?

Averages:

2016 - 57k
2015 - 66k
2014 - 64k
2013 - 64k

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
They have Bortles? Could be worse, could have Josh McCown (jets) as your starting QB :laugh:

Averages:

2016 - 57k
2015 - 66k
2014 - 64k
2013 - 64k
You'd be hard pressed to find a Jags fan that wouldn't take McCown. Bortles genuinely can't throw a proper spiral. He's thrown more pick 6's (11) than he's had career wins (10) in 3 years :(

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
You'd be hard pressed to find a Jags fan that wouldn't take McCown. Bortles genuinely can't throw a proper spiral. He's thrown more pick 6's (11) than he's had career wins (10) in 3 years :(

I still don't see how Kaepernick is a free agent. Most teams put off for fear of backlash from fans over his political views?

There's at least 10 teams he would make starter over the current QBs there.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Big Bucs fan since the late 80s as a little kid. Been mostly down since winning the super bowl while I was in Uni, but we are again looking like building something. It's happened before and never actually come together but some good pieces and finally have a QB.

I'm a bigger Clemson fan though so whilst the Bucs went down on Sundays, they have gone from strength to strength Saturdays and there are lots of players I look out for in the NFL now not least at the Texans.

Here in Asia the games are during the night so it's even harder than when was living in UK, but it does promote early alarms and less beer!

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Teams?

Without a doubt Colts, Ravens and Jags.

Following that Jets, Texans, Bears, 49ers and Browns.

Okay so maybe exaggerated with 10 teams but there's 8 where I feel he is better than the current starting QB. Could possibly even go with Broncos.

Kap over Andrew Luck?? i know luck is carrying an injury but Kap wouldn't start there. I do agree though that he should have a job and would be arguably one of the best backups in the league.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Teams?

Without a doubt Colts, Ravens and Jags.

Following that Jets, Texans, Bears, 49ers and Browns.

Okay so maybe exaggerated with 10 teams but there's 8 where I feel he is better than the current starting QB. Could possibly even go with Broncos.

I don't agree because CK7 would probably want a fair chunk of money and he will also likely want to start IMO, the Texans, Browns, and Bears all have high drafted rookies they plan to be their guys for the foreseeable so they are immediately ruled out. Jets have a safe choice in McCown to carry them through, more reliable than CK7 and probably cheaper. Ravens and Colts won't waste their time and money with Flacco and Luck still being their guys for the foreseeable. The Jags are sticking to the BB experiment win or lose, that isn't on CK7 or any other QB imo, that's just the Jags being the Jags. So really that only leaves the 9ers and he has played for them already, maybe they don't want him back for a plethora of reasons?

Got to also remember that out of the few that he would stand a chance of being starting QB, the coaches may find him unsuitable for their system. I think people are jumping to the politics conclusion too easily. Imo.

Last edited:

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
I don't agree because CK7 would probably want a fair chunk of money and he will also likely want to start IMO, the Texans, Browns, and Bears all have high drafted rookies they plan to be their guys for the foreseeable so they are immediately ruled out. Jets have a safe choice in McCown to carry them through, more reliable than CK7 and probably cheaper. Ravens and Colts won't waste their time and money with Flacco and Luck still being their guys for the foreseeable. The Jags are sticking to the BB experiment win or lose, that isn't on CK7 or any other QB imo, that's just the Jags being the Jags. So really that only leaves the 9ers and he has played for them already, maybe they don't want him back for a plethora of reasons?

Got to also remember that out of the few that he would stand a chance of being starting QB, the coaches may find him unsuitable for their system. I think people are jumping to the politics conclusion too easily. Imo.

Colts won't waste their time because Luck will come back soonish
Jags still want to go with Bortles even though he's crap, they won't look at other QBs due to BB, not CK7's views
Ravens
Jets have McCown who is a good safe game manager who they can start and rely on for less money than CK7
49ers -

I thought backup at the Ravens made the most sense with the Harbourough connections, but that seemed to fall through.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
as a staunch Bungles Believer, what better way to start the season having Adam Jones suspended for one game and Vontaze looking at a potential 5 game suspension - so just the same old, same old, following the Bungles lol

You don't help yourselves though - drafting Mixon for instance.....

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Probably rhetorical but below is for the people who might not, just so they have an idea of the problem.

1982 - Oakland Raiders moved to LA
1984 - Baltimore Colts moved to Indianapolis
1988 - St Louis Cardinals moved to Tempe and (Phoenix Cardinals) later changed name to Arizona Cardinals after relocating to another suburb of Phoenix.
1995 - LA Raiders moved back to Oakland
1995 - LA Rams moved to St Louis
1996 - Cleveland Browns players/coaches moved to Baltimore and formed the Ravens. NFL granted Cleveland a new franchise in 1999
1997 - Houston Oilers moved to Tennessee, later renamed the Titans. Houstan later granted a new franchise in 1999 but didn't play first game until 2002.
2016 - St Louis Rams relocated back to LA
2017 - San Diego Chargers 'returned' to LA

I prefer the American way of doing things to football though, where by and large the richest teams win. I think its great the way the sport is set up so everyone should be competitive but even within those constraints you can see the difference in long term performance levels between well run and badly run franchises.

Also, by and large the Americans I know identify more with their Saturday team than their Sunday team. As there's only 32 professional teams in such a vast country many of them don't live close enough to a professional team to go regularly anyway. The NFL is more about the TV and putting the best possible product out there, which I think they do a fantastic job of.

Having said that, if 'my' team moved I'd be gutted, of course.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I still don't see how Kaepernick is a free agent. Most teams put off for fear of backlash from fans over his political views?

There's at least 10 teams he would make starter over the current QBs there.

I think it is as much to do with him wanting starters money than it is about the protests to be totally fair.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I prefer the American way of doing things to football though, where by and large the richest teams win. I think its great the way the sport is set up so everyone should be competitive but even within those constraints you can see the difference in long term performance levels between well run and badly run franchises.

Also, by and large the Americans I know identify more with their Saturday team than their Sunday team. As there's only 32 professional teams in such a vast country many of them don't live close enough to a professional team to go regularly anyway. The NFL is more about the TV and putting the best possible product out there, which I think they do a fantastic job of.

Having said that, if 'my' team moved I'd be gutted, of course.

When do the Raiders move to Sin City?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here