Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official NFL 2017 Thread

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Going Sunday and cannot wait, although I have been a Cowboys fan since I started to watch I have an affinity to the Jags now so trying to go each year. Will be interested to see how it works at WHL next season and following that we could have them as our team - certain season ticket for me if we do

Yeah, I’m super excited but got a bad feeling we’re gonna get torched. Hopefully heading into town to try and meet Dante Fowler Jr tomorrow, probably buy some more merch too :lol:

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Yeah, I’m super excited but got a bad feeling we’re gonna get torched. Hopefully heading into town to try and meet Dante Fowler Jr tomorrow, probably buy some more merch too :lol:

Many of my friends who are long term NFL fans think you may make a game of it tomorrow - not saying a win (although some are) but at least a decent showing

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Many of my friends who are long term NFL fans think you may make a game of it tomorrow - not saying a win (although some are) but at least a decent showing
I’m always hopeful, but our offence is poor and the Ravens’ defence is solid. Here’s to hoping.
Met Tony Boselli and Dante Fowler Jr today which was nice.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
So, so close to the win in Foxboro for the Texans. Almost an interception in the last minute, but Brady showing that he's the GOAT with that drive.

Still, lots of confidence to take away from this, not least the composure of Watson who matched Brady all the way.

Hope you guys enjoyed yourselves in London for Jags v Ravens.

DFP, you must be pretty happy!

Last edited:

Jul 7, 2003
Some wild finishes today - Patriots with a last second win, Detroit inches short of victory, rookie 60yd+ field goal for Eagles. Most relieved man today must be the Bears player who ran back the blocked FG only to showboat and have it stripped in the last yard.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Damn Redskins, grrrr

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Well that was worth waking up at 2am for! Stunning performance from the Redskins defence who were two fumbles away from shutting down the Raiders. To say that was unexpected is an understatement, it has been a long time since the Skins have taken apart a genuinely good side. It's even longer since they haven't stunk on Prime time TV too. Take a bow Greg Manusky and all your team, a hell of a job! HTTR!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another Rodgers masterclass. :thumbsup:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I can't even explain where it went wrong for the Steelers, literally everything from the kick off.

Big Ben just isn't cutting it anymore.

I haven't watched it yet but Ben being rubbish on the road and Steelers dropping games against inferior opposition aren't new. Hopefully that's our one for the year. Bell's start to the season is starting to give me concerns now though.

At least the Ravens got demolished and the other two are as good as out of playoff contention already.....

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Hope you guys enjoyed yourselves in London for Jags v Ravens.

DFP, you must be pretty happy!
What a weekend I’ve had! Met two players, watched an absolute mauling and the Jags tweeted a photo of me meeting Dante Fowler and getting my cap signed. I also let out a massive ‘fuc*ing yes’ when Hemed scored :)

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
What a weekend I’ve had! Met two players, watched an absolute mauling and the Jags tweeted a photo of me meeting Dante Fowler and getting my cap signed. I also let out a massive ‘fuc*ing yes’ when Hemed scored :)

All in all good Sunday for you!

Steelers let me down from a triple. Brighton won, Exeter Chiefs smashed Wasps to go top but Steelers got run over by the Bears.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I haven't watched it yet but Ben being rubbish on the road and Steelers dropping games against inferior opposition aren't new. Hopefully that's our one for the year. Bell's start to the season is starting to give me concerns now though.

At least the Ravens got demolished and the other two are as good as out of playoff contention already.....

I was sucked into the hype that the Ravens D was Championship material. Bortles threw for 266 yards, 4 TD’s and 0 interceptions. Lol.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Cowboys beat the Cardinals 28 - 17. Cowboys struggled to begin with but kudos to coach Jason Garett for turning things round and for me Dak Prescott was MOM for the Cowboys. Good game to watch as a neutral.

Looks like the controversy surrounding the national anthem isn't going to go away, all the Cowboys players as well as owner Jerry Jones go down on one knee before the national anthem played. This is going to play out for many more weeks

Jul 7, 2003
Looks like the controversy surrounding the national anthem isn't going to go away, all the Cowboys players as well as owner Jerry Jones go down on one knee before the national anthem played. This is going to play out for many more weeks

The funny part of that was Jerry was never getting back on without help so the players either side just lifted him without waiting to be asked. It was like parents lifting a small child just before swinging the child and going 'wheeeeeeeee'.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I can't even explain where it went wrong for the Steelers, literally everything from the kick off.

Big Ben just isn't cutting it anymore.

I've watched it now. He was infuriatingly inconsistent and there were some terrible throws. Having said that, had Bryant hauled in that bomb on the first play his stat line would have looked a lot better.

On Bryant - he is going to murder a team soon. All three games so far he's been burning cornerbacks all day, I just don't think him and Ben on are quite on the same page yet. He also looks super fit, if you look at his upper body its obvious he's spent the majority of his year off in the gym. Give it a few weeks and he's going to be the ultimate matchup nightmare. Too big to bump and run, too fast to play shallow man coverage and too talented to let him wreak havoc inside.

Really bad day at the office but keep the faith, I reckon.

Last edited:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Cowboys beat the Cardinals 28 - 17. Cowboys struggled to begin with but kudos to coach Jason Garett for turning things round and for me Dak Prescott was MOM for the Cowboys. Good game to watch as a neutral.

There are no neutrals watching Cowboys games! Even I have to concede that Dak had a hell of a second half though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well that was an eventual evening for this Packers fan.

I went to bed at 8 last night, alarm set for 12:50.
Alarm not set properly, wide awake at 2.

Now what do I do?

I decided to have a cuppa as see what the score was, 14 -.0 approaching the end of the 1st quarter.

'Ok I'm here and awake and it's pay day, what the hell' Now TV here I come.
Log on, paid, just as the players troop off for an hour due to lightening. :facepalm:

Finally watched a disjointed flag and injury riddled game until a bit after 4am before trundling off to bed.

Take away from the game:-

The Care Bears are shitehouse.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here