Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official NFL 2017 Thread

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Brutal win by my beloved �� eagles. Battered Dallas and have deserved the 9-1.

Going to take a good team and a lot of luck to stop this team

#flybirdsfly

First half Wentz had a bit of a mare, think he missed six passes in a row at one point. 9-7 Cowboys at the half. Then boom totally steamrollered them. Loving the ABC running game (Ajayi, Blount and Clement), they just chewed the Cowboys up 2nd half.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
First half Wentz had a bit of a mare, think he missed six passes in a row at one point. 9-7 Cowboys at the half. Then boom totally steamrollered them. Loving the ABC running game (Ajayi, Blount and Clement), they just chewed the Cowboys up 2nd half.

Agreed. I think he deserves a rough patch every now and again...he has being calling some immense plays. What makes this Eagles side different from the last few years is that they can win ugly and if they are not on top of their game, the defense just steps up a heat and bullies the opposition.

There was some brutal tackles made yesterday and I think as the match went on, they just steamrollered their way.

It is going to take a very good side to stop this team.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Raiders got ragged in Mexico, no surprise there

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Big one for the Falcons later up against the Legion of Boom minus Sherman & Chancellor, mind you, no Freeman for us... A must win now after the Saints jammy win last night.

Jul 7, 2003
So hard watching the Broncos at the moment. The defence stands firm time and time again only for the appalling offence to muck it all up and bring them back onto the field. If Lynch isn't the answer then expect Elway to do some wheeling and dealing in the summer to bring in a decent QB.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
7-3 suckers! Almost feel sorry for the Browns, they remind me of the Jags of last year, stout defence, not a bad run game and a couple of decent receivers, unfortunately they have a young QB that makes very questionable decisions that kills their momentum.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
......not a bad run game.......

Crowell: 11 rushes, 18yds, 1.6ypc av.

Yeah, not bad......terrible!

We criminally under utilize Duke IMO - Crowell should've been cut in the off season as he is NOT a #1 RB. Hes had enough chances to prove himself (OL troubles aside) but just hasn't done it consistently. We need another runner in the draft as I've mentioned before. Rashaad Penny, Saquon Barkley, or Jonathan Taylor (although its probably a year too soon for him) would do nicely.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Crowell: 11 rushes, 18yds, 1.6ypc av.

Yeah, not bad......terrible!

We criminally under utilize Duke IMO - Crowell should've been cut in the off season as he is NOT a #1 RB. Hes had enough chances to prove himself (OL troubles aside) but just hasn't done it consistently. We need another runner in the draft as I've mentioned before. Rashaad Penny, Saquon Barkley, or Jonathan Taylor (although its probably a year too soon for him) would do nicely.
I wasn’t basing the running game comment on last night alone, we’ve a very strong run defence now since we traded Dareus from the Bills. I’m a fan of Duke Johnson, saw him play for the Canes at the Sun Life Stadium and he ruined the opposition.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
images2.jpg

ahem

eagles-cowboys-football-nate-allen-demarco-murray-mychal-kendricks_pg_600.jpg

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I wasn’t basing the running game comment on last night alone, we’ve a very strong run defence now since we traded Dareus from the Bills. I’m a fan of Duke Johnson, saw him play for the Canes at the Sun Life Stadium and he ruined the opposition.

Yeah, I know - but lets be honest...the run game has been terrible all year and Crowells stats really arent good enough, regardless of the opposition!
Johnson is Miami U's all time rushing leader, yet only gets used as an outlet for swing passes and an underneath threat the majority of the time. He can do SO much more, & must be incredibly frustrated at not getting the chance to show it....while seeing Crowell lumbering his way through games as #1.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Is there a team with a worse injury status than the Texans right now?

They say that things come in threes:

1. Watt and Mercilus out for season in the same drive
2. Watson out for season in training
3. Foreman out for season whilst scoring a TD

With 2 home games (49ers and Steelers) and 4 away games (Ravens, Titans, Jags and Colts), 6-10 and everyone fit is probably the best we can hope for.

No 1st round draft pick too after last season's Brock O expensive failed experiment.

Over to DFP's Jags and the Titans to hold up the AFC South banner.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Is there a team with a worse injury status than the Texans right now?

They say that things come in threes:

1. Watt and Mercilus out for season in the same drive
2. Watson out for season in training
3. Foreman out for season whilst scoring a TD

With 2 home games (49ers and Steelers) and 4 away games (Ravens, Titans, Jags and Colts), 6-10 and everyone fit is probably the best we can hope for.

No 1st round draft pick too after last season's Brock O expensive failed experiment.

Over to DFP's Jags and the Titans to hold up the AFC South banner.

Giants lost 4 receivers in one game, 3 for the season (OBJ, Marshall and Harris)

But yes, the Texans have had 0 luck this season. Really gutted about Watson, thoroughly enjoyed watching him play, QB for the future there.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Big setback for Seattle losing to Atlanta there.

Bizarre call to fake the FG with 7 seconds left in the first half, what did Pete Carroll hope to achieve? If he'd just let Blair Walsh convert a relatively simple 3pt chance, the game would have played out very differently. Instead, we end up losing by.... 3pts.

Not on a par with that play call to throw on the 1 yard line in the Super Bowl, but a pretty stupid one all the same.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Massive win for the Falcons last night, 6-4 but only 3rd in the division, super tough division this year is the NFC South.

Jul 7, 2003
Mike McCoy has been sacked

Elway had made comments for a couple of weeks about the playbook being too complex. McCoy paid the price for this although to be fair, he wasn't dealt the greatest hand in the O line and the QBs.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Big setback for Seattle losing to Atlanta there.

Bizarre call to fake the FG with 7 seconds left in the first half, what did Pete Carroll hope to achieve? If he'd just let Blair Walsh convert a relatively simple 3pt chance, the game would have played out very differently. Instead, we end up losing by.... 3pts.

Not on a par with that play call to throw on the 1 yard line in the Super Bowl, but a pretty stupid one all the same.

But still despite all the injuries we find a way to be in with a chance to win the game... in 5 and a half years we have only lost by more than 8 points twice... Wilson finds a way, and he will find a way to get us into the playoffs (where we will lose in the divisional round on the road somewhere)... it’s like deja vu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
10-1

bears given a shafting by the Eagles tonight

IMG_0112.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here