Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official NFL 2017 Thread

SussexSeahawk

Jun 2, 2016
Shazier was incredible to watch.

I'm very impressed with Bryant start to the season considering he was banned for one year! Must be a QBs dream to have three WR's of that calibre in Brown, Smith-Schuster and Bryant to chose from. Failing that you have Bell to lean on. The offensive line was brilliant yesterday against a very big and very physical Ravens D (even with the amount of injuries they have)

Did you see Pouncey on that last Bell TD? Not sure who it was but he basically picked the dude up and ran him 10 yards back! Impressive work from a centre. That interception call was bullshit too, Brown knee was down and he had control of the ball so not sure what the ref saw?! Luckily they failed to convert and had to stick to the 3 from the FG.

The knee being down doesn't matter: that only matters when you already have possession and are deemed a runner. In Brown's case he wasn't deemed to have completed the catch: you have to maintain control all the way to the ground and not just until your knee hits the ground.

If the ball fell onto the floor it would have been deemed an incomplete pass and not a fumble, but as the ball never hit the ground it was correctly called an interception.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Only watched the highlights from last night so far - but that looked like a FUN game!
Redskins are playing better than I thought they would this season tbh, but the Chiefs are really enjoying their football at the moment.
Cant wait to sit down and watch the full game tonight.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Only watched the highlights from last night so far - but that looked like a FUN game!
Redskins are playing better than I thought they would this season tbh, but the Chiefs are really enjoying their football at the moment.
Cant wait to sit down and watch the full game tonight.

Actually glad I didn't stay up for that, to be kept hanging on until the last minute would have been hard to take. Glad the Skins finally turned up for a Monday Night game though but the Chiefs are one hell of a football team. I too shall watch the game later.

I'll be tuned into the ESPN 980 post game reaction all day at work though.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Well, we all know that Nick Folk will be clearing out his locker this morning...what a terrible night for the Bucs kicker - again. Did I hear correctly that he missed SIX kicks in warm-ups as well?! Wheres Roberto Aguayo when you need him.... ;o)

Was hoping Tampa would get the win last night tbh....always had a soft spot for them. I've never liked Brady, but you have to admire the numbers he continues to put up at the age of 40.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Dominant performance from the Jags defence with five interceptions, two of which were returned for TD’s. 180 yards and 2 TD’s for Fournette too.

Sadly I took them out of my fantasy team this week :shootself:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Things go from bad to worse for the Giants who now go 0-5 after being beaten 27-22 by the Chargers and Odell Beckham Jr being carried off with a broken ankle.

Meanwhile Aaron Rodgers shows why he is probably the best QB in the NFL after getting a TD with 11 seconds to go and beating the Cowboys 35-31. What a game!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Raiders going downhill rapidly, oh well......

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Dominant performance from the Jags defence with five interceptions, two of which were returned for TD’s. 180 yards and 2 TD’s for Fournette too.

Sadly I took them out of my fantasy team this week :shootself:

My despair at Roethliserger's meltdown was somewhat tempered by the shares I have in Fournette and the Jags defense across my (non-NSC) fantasy teams.

The Jags defence is one of the top 5 units in the NFL.

Last edited:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Ben was woeful yesterday, Kaepernick is still a free agent right? :shrug:

I do think there's an element of a very good defense in the equation but yes, he was horrible. It's been a long time since he won Pittsburgh a game, probably going back to the early part of last season when he made Sammy Coates look like a viable NFL starting wide receiver for 4 weeks.

Steady on though old chap....

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I do think there's an element of a very good defense in the equation but yes, he was horrible. It's been a long time since he won Pittsburgh a game, probably going back to the early part of last season when he made Sammy Coates look like a viable NFL starting wide receiver for 4 weeks.

Steady on though old chap....

This will definitely be his last season, so where do we go from here? Do we go for a QB in the draft or do we try for a trade?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
This will definitely be his last season, so where do we go from here? Do we go for a QB in the draft or do we try for a trade?

I think that really depends on where we are picking or if we are prepared to trade some serious capital to move up. Whilst this draft appears to have a fair amount of talent at QB, if we win our division and make the playoffs (as we should even with a poor BB at QB) they won't make it to the lower reaches of the first round.

I'd definitely be keeping an eye on developments in Minnesota. They've got 2 QB's that could do a job if Bridgewater recovers from his injury.

Do we let Bell walk and have a look at Kirk Cousins in free agency?

Finally, (wild fantasy alert) it looks like Drew Brees could be a FA. If the Saints struggle again this year, could he be tempted over to have a last shot at winning the big one?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Fournette topped 22mph on his 90 yard TD run, that’s 1mph FASTER than Tyreek Hill has managed. :love:

The Jags still desperately need a QB though, Bortles threw 1 pass in the 2nd half. If we can’t get a QB this off season we’re in danger of becoming the Texans 2.0.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
With ODB out and having slid to 0-5 do the Giants give up on this season and land Darnold or Rosen to replace Eli?

The thought of either of those guys passing to ODB for another 10 years would be pretty mouthwatering.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Meanwhile Aaron Rodgers shows why he is probably the best QB in the NFL after getting a TD with 11 seconds to go and beating the Cowboys 35-31. What a game!
I can't believe I got up in the middle of the night to watch an appalling excuse for a game v the Care Bears, last week.
Only to miss what appeared to be one of the games of the season 10 days later.

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
We have become the Crystal Palace of the NFL

Not while Cleveland exist you haven't. The Browns are living proof that, regardless of the sport, pre-season results are utterly and totally irrelevant. We won all our pre-season games and I thought by now we might have snuck one little regular-season victory.

But no. Same shit, different season. And there was me, confidently predicting we'd win about four games this season.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Not while Cleveland exist you haven't. The Browns are living proof that, regardless of the sport, pre-season results are utterly and totally irrelevant. We won all our pre-season games and I thought by now we might have snuck one little regular-season victory.

But no. Same shit, different season. And there was me, confidently predicting we'd win about four games this season.

Starting then benching Kizer in the space of 5 games is so Browns. What did Cody Kessler do so wrong to be relegated to third string duties? There was talk coming out of Cleveland he was going to start this year before pre-season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here