Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official NFL 2017 Thread

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
NFL are OBSESSED with Odell Beckham Jr!

4 catches for 36 yards, 0 TDs, dropped catch on 4th down and an illegal block in the back on Jarrad Davis yet they give him a highlights video on Facebook and Twitter! HIGHLIGHTS FOR WHAT!?!?!

I was at MetLife Stadium last night watching the game and I think a lot of people thought that the Giants inept performance against the Cowboys was down to OBJ’s absence. Some are now thinking he’s over rated after last night’s performance. Admittedly he’s probably still recovering from his ankle injury but his impact on the game was minimal. As Spring Hall Convert says Manning is having a ‘mare this season and there were boos for him and Marshall who was equally inept. Eli has never really accepted that Peyton was the better of the Manning brothers. For some reason he is always treated like royalty by the media and almost above criticism. Not sure Ben McAdoo was the right choice as replacement for Tom Coughlin – he was an average offense coordinator at best. It’s going to be a long season for us Giants fans (if it’s not already over).

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Maybe I'm being a homer but Antonio Brown is the best receiver in the NFL for me. He might be the best route-runner I've ever seen.

I do feel a bit sorry for ODB having to deal with late career Eli though. He was poor last year and has been terrible so far this year.

Him or Julio for me. Odell is behind them both.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Being a Steelers fan i'm probably being biased but I agree Brown is the best receiver.

Some still consider Dez Bryant one of the best but I read somewhere he's only had 3 or 3 100+ yard games in his last 23 games!!!!

Bit harsh to focus on the last 23 games - without a fit Romo he has not seen much of the ball, Dak has not gelled with him yet and it did look like they may need to with Elliotts suspension which has not taken place

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Excuse if this has been mentioned already elsewhere but I hadn't realised that Thursday Night Football is being broadcast on Amazon Prie Video, although the 01:25 KO for all the matches is a bit prohibitive for me in the UK :) Redskins v Cowboys though....

gmabel830

Aug 12, 2017
Excited for MNF against the Cowboys.. traffic always sucks for weekday games, but always a big feel at the stadium for a national TV game

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
you doing giants vs eagles Sunday?

My giants following mates in the US are suicidal already!!

Some friends are going, I cant make it but will be watching on TV. They have been atrocious so far, and they'll be up against the best front seven they've seen so far. As well as having some serious issues with their offense the defense could be in trouble as well - Jenkins still has an ankle injury and his absence could be huge. If they go 0-3 that could be it - and the tabloids are all backing the eagles. With the Newcastle game on Sunday at 11am and then the Giants at 1pm it's going to be a big day

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Anyone going to the London games this year?

Going Sunday and cannot wait, although I have been a Cowboys fan since I started to watch I have an affinity to the Jags now so trying to go each year. Will be interested to see how it works at WHL next season and following that we could have them as our team - certain season ticket for me if we do

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here