Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official NFL 2017 Thread

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Some really really good stuff from the Bears, to take it to the very last play and to basically beat ourselves against the NFC champs is excellent. Unfortunately the Cohen secret is out of the bag now, he's immense.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Well, Eli Manning won't be getting his 3rd SB ring on that performance

Jul 7, 2003
Broncos start very late tonight / early tomorrow. Was hoping to use GamePass to watch the condensed game before going to work but not even sure the game will be finished by then so it will be watching the Sky recording on fast forward for me. Confident our D can do a job on the Chargers - just hope Siemian can build on his promise of last season. If he gets injured, god help us with Brock as backup.

Jul 7, 2003
Good start for the Broncos although not good for the nerves at the end.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Bit of a blow but Lee and Hurns are very capable. Would like to see us re-sign Bryan Walters to play slot or pick up Gary Barnidge as a receiving tight end.
There's a reason why no one has picked Barnidge up, he's a 32 yr old TE with one good season under his belt when he was pretty much the only option in the offence.

I'm not sure Robinson is a huge blow. It's pretty obvious the Jags don't want to put games in Bortles hands anyway, they are going to ride Fournette and their crazily talented defence for all its worth. It may not be pretty but the Jags could easily win that division this year.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
There's a reason why no one has picked Barnidge up, he's a 32 yr old TE with one good season under his belt when he was pretty much the only option in the offence.

I'm not sure Robinson is a huge blow. It's pretty obvious the Jags don't want to put games in Bortles hands anyway, they are going to ride Fournette and their crazily talented defence for all its worth. It may not be pretty but the Jags could easily win that division this year.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I mentioned Barnidge as we don't have anything that resembles a receiving tight end. Marcedes Lewis can block and that's it, Michael Ryvera was brought in to replace Julius Thomas but he's ended up on IR. Other than Lewis and his brick hands we have Ben Koyack and James O'Shaughnessy who are a 2nd year vet and a UDFA rookie respectively.
Regarding the loss of Robinson, it's not a catastrophe but it's far from ok. He's unbelievable at hauling in the 50-50 jump balls and is without doubt our biggest RedZone threat. Hurns and Lee have flashed plenty but they always have a calamitous drop in their locker. I agree that Fournette will be leading the charge, assisted by Chris Ivory, and the opening whooping of the Texans was very encouraging. The Tinhorns loaded the box with 8+ defenders on 58% of Fournettes runs, and he still got 100 yards. Another bonus is that Bortles has much less pressure on his shoulders, and he looked a lot more composed than under Bradley's guidance.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
As a Browns fan its quite satisfying to see Cincy struggling. What a turgid game last night....Lewis will definitely be on the hot seat now after a few wobbly seasons, & fan discontent.
Could this be the first time for ?? years we actually have a chance to not finish last in the AFC North?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
As a Browns fan its quite satisfying to see Cincy struggling. What a turgid game last night....Lewis will definitely be on the hot seat now after a few wobbly seasons, & fan discontent.
Could this be the first time for ?? years we actually have a chance to not finish last in the AFC North?

They've got so much talent on offence but that line is horrible. Pressure on Dalton will be the key.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Bungles doing a good impression of the cockroaches up the road so far
Be lucky to get a .500 season at this rate��

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Raiders strike first blood @home to the Jets

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here