Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official NFL 2017 Thread

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Great win for the Jags, going for it on 4th down in that first drive was a great call as it was all about getting ahead early. Big Ben will be wondering how with 469 yards and 5 TD passes he ended up on the losing side.
Just caught up with the Saints / Vikings game and looks like it was another amazing game...but WTF was Williams doing on that last play turning his back on Diggs.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oh. My. Good. God.

Two INCREDIBLE games. I thought the Jags had blown it, and then that last play in the Vikes Saints game ... wow!

Feel really sorry for all those people who don't 'get' American football, who think it's just a load of motorcycle couriers playing a weird and inferior Yank version of Rugby. They don't know what they're missing.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Oh. My. Good. God.

Two INCREDIBLE games. I thought the Jags had blown it, and then that last play in the Vikes Saints game ... wow!

Feel really sorry for all those people who don't 'get' American football, who think it's just a load of motorcycle couriers playing a weird and inferior Yank version of Rugby. They don't know what they're missing.

Agree. Yesterday was just brilliant. Can that Jags D get to Brady next week? An intriguing prospect, as the one of Minnesota potentially winning through to a homefield Superbowl. We could be in for another couple of crackers next weekend.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Agree. Yesterday was just brilliant. Can that Jags D get to Brady next week? An intriguing prospect, as the one of Minnesota potentially winning through to a homefield Superbowl. We could be in for another couple of crackers next weekend.

Homefield for the Eagles will be crucial....Foles really got it together second half over the weekend and the defense was immense.....falcons were no pushover.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Homefield for the Eagles will be crucial....Foles really got it together second half over the weekend and the defense was immense.....falcons were no pushover.

Thought Foles did a decent job yesterday, there were one or two very tricky big time throws that made the difference. Have to say though if Wentz was fit I'd make you the favourites, for me the most complete team left.

I think your game against the Vikings will be a bruising encounter and a lot of fun to watch.

Jul 7, 2003
Great games last night. Also, really enjoyed watching Scott Hanson on Sky. They showed the bit on SSN this morning when the Vikings scored the winning TD - fantastic fan reaction to the end of the game.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Great drive from the Jags there. Could we be in for a shock?

Jul 7, 2003
Jags go 14 - 3 ahead. Surely the upset can’t happen?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Loving this so far. That Fournette TD was great just rammed straight through he middle of the Pats. Two 75 yard drives with very little trouble, plus Bortles 12 straight completions. Tom who?

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Shame about the penalties towards the end, but still an excellent performance so far.

Jul 7, 2003
Why do I have a horrible feeling that the Pats will win this in overtime?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Why do I have a horrible feeling that the Pats will win this in overtime?

Not even going to be that. Bortles fails to spot a wide open receiver. You can probably put your house on Brady driving the Pats the length of the field here.

Happy to be wrong though.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here