Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official NFL 2017 Thread

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Brady is gonna have a field day against Steelers secondary if we don't sort it out, we lead the league for TD's over 50 yards given up (6)

we kept dropping the bloody ball and yet still ran in 31 points.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Brady is gonna have a field day against Steelers secondary if we don't sort it out, we lead the league for TD's over 50 yards given up (6)

It's been bad since Haden went down. I'd argue that it was overrated before that as we have had a very soft schedule when it comes to opposing QB's.

However, our pass rush is going to cause anyone problems.

If someone other than Bell or AB can get going on offence, perhaps we might be unstoppable. We missed Juju yesterday, hopefully he'll be back for that one.

Shazier's injury could be a big problem. He's got to be knocking on the door of all-pro this year. I don't think I've ever seen a linebacker as fast. 3 picks and 11 passes defended are both team highs as well.

Still we're 9-2 and on a 6 game streak and outside of that Patriots game we don't play another team with a winning record for the rest of the year.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I was really impressed by the Rams defense yesterday. Especially their tackling. All round, they look a wonderfully coached team - they do the basics so well.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Injuries are really starting to take their toll now, from the offence the Jags have lost WR1 Allen Robinson, WR2 Allen Hurns, RT Jermey Parnell, LG Patrick Omameh, Fournette and Cam Robinson both banged up too. Relying on rookies and backups.

Jul 7, 2003
Nice brawl at the start of the Raiders v Broncos match. More exciting than the rest of the game. Broncos continue to lose players with Wolfe, Peko and Lynch injured. The QB carousel spins again with Siemien back in the QB starters role for next week.

Mr Elway is going to have a very busy post season - not with the playoffs but in looking at how to beef up the O Line and find a new QB to take us forward.

Jul 7, 2003
Looks like Eli is being eased out of the Giants. Maybe Elway will go for Manning v2 to solve our QB issues.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Looks like Eli is being eased out of the Giants. Maybe Elway will go for Manning v2 to solve our QB issues.

Lots of stuff about that in the tabloids today. The general feeling in the NYC media is he has been treated shabbily, humiliated, hung out to dry ........get a grip, he's just a highly paid QB who was good in his day but is now past his sell by date. Hopefully McAdoo won't be far behind.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Giants visit the Raiders today, I am sure we will do out utmost to contribute towards their 3rd win of the season

Jul 7, 2003
Broncos have given the Dolphins two interceptions and a safety so far today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Another outstanding clutch performance from BB saw the Steelers nick a very close one over the Bengals last night with 38 yard Boswell field goal as time expired. The Steelers secondary looks a liability, Joe Haden can't come back soon enough - week 15 against the Patriots, which now looks like a straight shootout for AFC home field advantage, is going to be very tough on last night's evidence.

The whole match was overshadowed by an extremely serious looking injury for Ryan Shazier. The linebacker was carted from the field, seemingly paralyzed from the waist down. He leaves a huge hole on the defense as he currently leads the team in tackles, passes defended and interceptions. I just hope we see him on the field again some time, one of the most exciting defenders to watch in the whole league.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/05/sports/ryan-shazier-steelers-injury.html

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Who is everyone's shout for MVP at the moment?

I'm starting to side with Russell Wilson. What he's done in Seattle this year is amazing considering they have had no running game and a terrible line and now the defence is injury plauged. Wentz, Brady are obviously contenders.....

Antonio Brown is probably the top non-QB though I think a couple of other QB's are ahead of him in the running.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Who is everyone's shout for MVP at the moment?

I'm starting to side with Russell Wilson. What he's done in Seattle this year is amazing considering they have had no running game and a terrible line and now the defence is injury plauged. Wentz, Brady are obviously contenders.....

Antonio Brown is probably the top non-QB though I think a couple of other QB's are ahead of him in the running.

Depending on the playoffs its Wilson or Wentz for me. Poor old Watson would have been in there too had it not been for his injury.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Sashi Brown fired from the Browns FO. Wonder if this will start the purge?
Surely "Moneyball" DePodesta cant be far behind...and Jackson must be clinging on by his fingernails. Heard a rumour that he could be traded to Cincy as Marv Lewis is done....

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
John Dorsey in as the new Browns GM....looks a decent hire from his track record.
He was behind the deal to get Alex Smith to KC, so I wonder if this may open the door to getting Smiith to Cleveland next season as hes a FA?

Seemingly sad news coming out last night about Shazier possibly never playing again. Such a great talent, & was having a superb season, but it shows how quick this game can change a life. Division rivalries take a distant second place when it comes to things like this, so I really hope he recovers as best he can, & is back on his feet soon. As someone who had a brother suffer a severe spinal injury, I know full well what he and his family are going through.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Raiders have a massive game in Chiefsland today......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here