Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official NFL 2017 Thread

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Especially when you add last season to it as well! If we have three seasons where we end up say 4-44 in total then you've really got to say it isn't all down to the GM and a few dodgy Draft selections.

If we lose to the Patriots and then beat the Texans, you may get a shot against the Steelers scrubs again in week 17!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Don’t feel down, I know we’re not fashionable but we’re not a bad team this year.

Absolutely. And we’re IN every game, right down to the wire. We never get soundly beaten, ever - and at least 3 of those 5 losses could so easily have been wins.

Beat the Rams next week, and we stand a great chance of clinching the division. And the NFC has suddenly become a little more open, if the sad news about Carson Wentz is true...

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Don’t feel down, I know we’re not fashionable but we’re not a bad team this year.

Absolutely. And we’re IN every game, right down to the wire. We never get soundly beaten, ever - and at least 3 of those 5 losses could so easily have been wins.

Beat the Rams next week, and we stand a great chance of clinching the division. And the NFC has suddenly become a little more open, if the sad news about Carson Wentz is true...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
felt sorry for the Browns tbh.

(

Same here. They really are not as bad as their record. For much of that game they were the better team. Watching Kizer last night shows how much of a difference it makes when you actually have receivers around you. With Corey Coleman fit again, and finally having Gordon back on the field, Kizer looked like a completely different prospect. Duel threat out of the backfield, and suddenly they looked like a team. There are a few pieces on that D to get after teams as well.

At the moment, they just don't actually believe they can get across the line with a win. Very reminiscent of the Jags a couple of years or more ago. You can see the pieces there, if only they could have some belief instilled in them.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Same here. They really are not as bad as their record. For much of that game they were the better team. Watching Kizer last night shows how much of a difference it makes when you actually have receivers around you. With Corey Coleman fit again, and finally having Gordon back on the field, Kizer looked like a completely different prospect. Duel threat out of the backfield, and suddenly they looked like a team. There are a few pieces on that D to get after teams as well.

At the moment, they just don't actually believe they can get across the line with a win. Very reminiscent of the Jags a couple of years or more ago. You can see the pieces there, if only they could have some belief instilled in them.

They need to be smart in free agency this year. As you say, the Jags has play makers but something wasn’t right. This year we brought in Calais Campbell and A.J. Bouye. Campbell is the Jags franchise single season sack leader, with 3 games to go. Bouye has 6 interceptions already. These guys have galvanised the team. We’ve got four players on track for 10+ sacks. Madness.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Well done to DFP's Jags who've secured a Post-Season berth with 2 games to go.

Definitely deserved and they have a great chance of making it 12 wins.

Hope the Titans make it 2 qualifiers from the AFC South.

Withdean

Nov 5, 2017
My adopted home team the Pats nearly blew it but once again pull it off. Almost as good as the Super Bowl v Seattle. Almost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Well that tempted fate didn't it!

First time I've given up on my team at halftime (though in my defence it was 2:30am, and the coverage on TSN5 was pretty low res).

That was shocking from Seattle, absolutely disastrous first half, and the game finishes with Bobby Wagner and Earl Thomas having a go at each other in the media.

We'd kept going despite the injuries mounting up, and I did think we'd at least make it to post-season, but not any more!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
IMG_0131.JPG
IMG_0112.JPG

Nice little bye in the first round of the play offs!

When you can not play very well but still grind out a result, that looks good for the playoffs.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Another professional display from my Jaguars. Defence goes from strength to strength, but the bigger story right now is what’s happening with the offence. Yesterday Fournette was out, along with our first, second and third choice receivers. 326 passing yards and 138 on the ground. Something has happened to Bortles, and I like it. In his last 3 games he’s thrown a combined 900+yards, 7 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. He’s been dropping dimes all over the field to his supporting cast of rookies.
Dilly dilly.

Jul 7, 2003

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Game of two halves at Arrowhead. The Chiefs looked in control at HT, but they let Mariota run the second half including throwing a touchdown pass to himself!

Jul 7, 2003
Game of two halves at Arrowhead. The Chiefs looked in control at HT, but they let Mariota run the second half including throwing a touchdown pass to himself!

Great game to watch - stayed up much later than planned to see the end. Looking forward to the Jags game later. Spoke to my mate in Jax last night who said the locals are very up for this. That and the city is full of Bills fans telling the locals that it is not cold!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here