Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official NFL 2017 Thread

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Doesn't seem so, but i'm sure Belichick has something up his sleeve. They're still lacking on defence especially now Hightower is out for the season, could see that pick go elsewhere before the trade deadline today.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
surprised by both of those trades. Second round pick for Garopolo who has proven a certain level of experience in the NFL vs a gamble on a rookie in the draft seems more than fair. Ajayi to the eagles seems crazy to me. Especially when there are rumours that the dolphins are trying to trade Landy away too.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
The Ajayi trade is a real surprise. Didn't see that one coming at all.
Anyone heard any more about the Eagles possibly striking a deal with Detroit to bring Megatron out of retirement?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Anyone heard any more about the Eagles possibly striking a deal with Detroit to bring Megatron out of retirement?

Can't see the Megatron one happening. Anyone looking at bringing in a WR, should be ringing Indy and seeing what they want for TY Hilton.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
surprised by both of those trades. Second round pick for Garopolo who has proven a certain level of experience in the NFL vs a gamble on a rookie in the draft seems more than fair. Ajayi to the eagles seems crazy to me. Especially when there are rumours that the dolphins are trying to trade Landy away too.

Ajayi has a serious degenerative knee condition I thought. It's a case of when, not if he retires early. That's why he went pretty low in the draft.

Nifty bit of business for The Eagles though.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We may be 0-8, we may be the worst franchise in the league...but after 31 years of support I am so happy to have seen my team live for the first time yesterday.

Was pretty pleased with how it was going in that first half (kicking aside) but that Crowell fumble to start the 3rd quarter was a big old kick to the balls. The offense really did look so anaemic though with no receiving corps to speak of (how many check downs into the flat did Kizer do?!) - and Jackson must be treading a fine line now with no visible improvement with him calling the shots.

Hey ho...onwards & (hopefully) upwards eh?!

Yeah I had tickets for the game but couldn't go as had to go to Germany. Gutted as I would have loved to have seen the Browns in the flesh. Jackson's record is now 1-23! I know we're rightly trying a period of stability as opposed to sacking the coach (and the front office) every five minutes, but there are limits. Those heady days where we'd win 3 or even 4 games a season seem a long time ago now :(

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ajayi has a serious degenerative knee condition I thought. It's a case of when, not if he retires early. That's why he went pretty low in the draft.

Nifty bit of business for The Eagles though.

Magnificent bit of business.

Really lays down a marker....and he is a Brit too!

Jul 7, 2003
Yet again the Broncos D is let down by a patched up O line and a misfiring QB. Reports today seem to indicate that Siemien is likely to be benched next week. That wouldn't be so bad but we have either Lynch who has only just returned to practice after injury, or Osweiler to step in

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I was gobsmacked to see Garoppolo go to the 49'ers.

He seemed the perfect replacement for Brady, who could easily get an injury and struggle at his age.

However, I look forward to seeing if Garoppolo is the key to getting San Fran some wins on the board.

Ajayi to the Eagles, less work for him so may extend his carear, and gives him a realistic shot at a Championship game or even a superbowl.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I was gobsmacked to see Garoppolo go to the 49'ers.

He seemed the perfect replacement for Brady, who could easily get an injury and struggle at his age.

However, I look forward to seeing if Garoppolo is the key to getting San Fran some wins on the board.

Ajayi to the Eagles, less work for him so may extend his carear, and gives him a realistic shot at a Championship game or even a superbowl.

With Brady being contracted till 2019 and Garoppolo being out of contract at the end of this season it seems good business by the Pats to get effectively a first round pick (33rd or 34th pick) for him. Pats don't have room in their salary cap to offer him a bumper contract and aren't willing to use their franchise tag on him.

Have the 49ers got a good QB? We don't know, he's only played 6 quarters in the NFL regular season. We will see, I think 49ers are easier to fix than the Browns. Watching 49ers a lot of their games just lacked a good QB.

At least that's one team out of the running to sign Cousins in free agency, less competition for the Steelers who I hope are strongly considering making a move for him.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
At least that's one team out of the running to sign Cousins in free agency, less competition for the Steelers who I hope are strongly considering making a move for him.

Cousins will stay in Washington, been stated on many occasions he seeks familiarity and with both his favoured options (49ers and Rams) off the table I expect a deal will be done for him to stay a Redskin

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cousins will stay in Washington, been stated on many occasions he seeks familiarity and with both his favoured options (49ers and Rams) off the table I expect a deal will be done for him to stay a Redskin

But Cousins has the 'Skins well and truly by the balls, it suits him to say how much he wants to remain.
They either have to pony up a massive contract, franchise him for an unprecedented third year, or just put him into the open market and join in the bidding war.

Not one of those options doesn't involve paying way way over the odds for him.

If they had just paid him the 3 year contract he wanted when all this franchising began, nothing much would have changed and the team would be $20m better off!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
But Cousins has the 'Skins well and truly by the balls, it suits him to say how much he wants to remain.
They either have to pony up a massive contract, franchise him for an unprecedented third year, or just put him into the open market and join in the bidding war.

Not one of those options doesn't involve paying way way over the odds for him.

If they had just paid him the 3 year contract he wanted when all this franchising began, nothing much would have changed and the team would be $20m better off!

Exactly spot on !!!

Skins will be forced into paying him
He won’t want to move to those teams left who may be interested (Jets/Browns)
Win win for Cousins really

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here