Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
lent-desert.jpg

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
If that's the case then it would've been Bakambu we were scouting. Would be an incredible signing. Would command a huge fee. At least 20 million.

Jakeg

Feb 7, 2016
Pretty sure bakambu signed a new long term contract recently so would be very surprised if we were able to sign him, most likely looking at Willian Jose who would be a decent signing but more in the hemed, Murray mold from what I have seen of him

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Pretty sure bakambu signed a new long term contract recently so would be very surprised if we were able to sign him, most likely looking at Willian Jose who would be a decent signing but more in the hemed, Murray mold from what I have seen of him

No chance. Zero chance of a work permit. Plus he has the issue of third party ownership having previously been at Deportivo Maldonado. The very same club who "owned" Callieri.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
No chance. Zero chance of a work permit. Plus he has the issue of third party ownership having previously been at Deportivo Maldonado. The very same club who "owned" Callieri.

If it's true we are scouting either, or both of these players, why would the club even be bothering if, as you say, we have no chance for various reasons. If we had scouts there, I don't think they are there for a day out, and, must think we are in with a good shout of landing one or both. It's too late in the window to be just taking in a game in Spain in for fun, and, with respect, the club would have done far more research than you.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
If it's true we are scouting either, or both of these players, why would the club even be bothering if, as you say, we have no chance for various reasons. If we had scouts there, I don't think they are there for a day out, and, must think we are in with a good shout of landing one or both. It's too late in the window to be just taking in a game in Spain in for fun, and, with respect, the club would have done far more research than you.

Absolutely they have done more research. I was merely speculating that if we did have scouts at the game Bakambu would be the likely target owing to William Jose being Brazilian and having zero caps for their National team whereas Bakambu plays for the DRC but was born in france negating the work permit issue.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Bakambu joins the ever growing list of players going to China. Villarreal accept €65million for him. Madness

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
The amount received by Villarreal will be about half of this amount. The reason why it's reported as a much larger amount, is because the Chinese FA charge a 100% tax on top.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The amount received by Villarreal will be about half of this amount. The reason why it's reported as a much larger amount, is because the Chinese FA charge a 100% tax on top.

Still crazy money at 50%. China appears to be using the old NASL model from the70s: Import a load of players from overseas in the hope that it will generate interest in their league. In the meantime they are fugging up the transfer market, paying silly money...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here