Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dwight Gayle

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They're looking to sell him because they don't think he's good enough for the PL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Far more likely that they know he is now a sicknote imo. if Chris Wood is good enough for the Premier League a fit Gayle certainly is.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Don't be so completely stupid.

If I try to move house and the first 3 places I look at fail the surveyor's assessment, who is the **** - the seller or me? Here is a clue - it isn't the potential buyer.....unless you think I should have held a seance beforehand to do my own magical assessment. FFS. :shrug::wozza::shootself

I've given up responding to idiot comments like those of Icy Gull

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I seem to remember hearing that Newcastle were saying that he is fit, before a televised game, but they couldn't get him to believe it. When he did play, he had no confidence in his own hamstrings and wasn't playing at100%. Then he asked to come off the pitch although he didn't appear injured. Would be a good signing ability wise but might be another Vicente off the pitch.

But if he actually got through one of our medicals, surely that would convince him he was fully fit? :mad:

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
No doubting his talent but overall, I'm sceptical.

Newcastle will know him better than anyone, whether that''s his injury frailties or attitude etc.

Unthinkable they would sell a gold nugget to one of their rivals also fighting for Premier League survival. Would they, really?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Can't play up top on his own.... only effective in a 4-4-2.

As already been said, dropped this week for Mitrovic and Newcastle looked a different team.

He will be a decent buy for someone, but he doesn't tick any of the boxes we are looking for in a striker to play 4-4-1-1

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
injury prone. I'd sooner go for Jordan Rhodes as I think he would thrive with two fast wingers whipping their balls in.

Rhodes would be a massive gamble but he is a striker that will put his head in where it hurts and less injury prone than Dwarf Gayle. Don't think Gayle and Glenda hit it off at Palace so I'm out on Gayle! People will sneer at Rhodes but if we can't get the likes of Ings/Long then people of Forestieri and Rhodes ilk maybe our only choice at this late stage! If we go down at least we are Championship ready!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Stupid would be to make Gayle our next main target with so so little time left in the transfer window and knowing his injury history last season. The Gent midfielder had a history of knee problems and apparently the Zurich player had been diagnosed with a heart problem last year. Gayle has a recent history of hamstring problems, few players come back from this problem at the same level once it starts being recurrent. Michael Owen and Will Buckley being prime examples.

We would be a laughing stock if a failed medical happened again leaving us with no time to get in anyone else rather than a panic buy. Whether you and others think that is a stupid comment is obviously your prerogative.

If, however, if we have someone with Premier League experience about to sign, it would be worth having a look at Gayle as well. As our last gasp first choice striker it's a no from me though.

Did I say that it is great that we are making Gayle our main target? I don't wish to sound rude (again) but.... get a grip! Just two points:

1. Players having been previously injured does not automatically preclude their utility (ManU have just re-signed Zlatan)
2. Where, other than via rumous on NSC, have you heard that Gayle is, actually is, our main target?

Seriously, I don't understand how, now we have made it to the top league, some posters are carrying on like the club is run by a bunch of numpties, headed by some sort of cross between Robert Maxwell and Stan Flashman, who sit around in a smoke-filled portacabin, making ludicrous offers for players they find on footballrumours.com, while swigging cheap whiskey.

(crikey...actually that sounds like a cracking lifestyle . . . . I wonder if they get sandwiches?)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wouldnt want to put all my eggs in the Dwight Gayle basket but IF he was fit both physically and mentally and IF the price was right he would be worth a consideration or enquiry based purely on his goal scoring ability. I thought that he and GM were good mates as opposed to what has been said on here about not getting on with each other.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I wouldnt want to put all my eggs in the Dwight Gayle basket but IF he was fit both physically and mentally and IF the price was right he would be worth a consideration or enquiry based purely on his goal scoring ability. I thought that he and GM were good mates as opposed to what has been said on here about not getting on with each other.

Yes that was my understanding as well re their friendship.

Bit too injury prone for me.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here