Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dwight Gayle

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Played first two games of season dropped because of form...Newcastle win there game without him...hmmm...
I'll add that he doesn't quite seem in the same mould of the target man that the club have been after..we'd be fielding a forward line of midgets with him.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Played first two games of season dropped because of form...Newcastle win there game without him...hmmm...
I'll add that he doesn't quite seem in the same mould of the target man that the club have been after..we'd be fielding a forward line of midgets with him.

Yes but think how good he would be behind the target man. He's what gross should have been for us.

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Players always become available toward the end of the window, Gayle would be a good signing but would also be someone who wasn't available earlier in the window. Getting him in for the £10m we were going to punt on Dwamena would be excellent business he's a vast upgrade on our other options.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Players always become available toward the end of the window, Gayle would be a good signing but would also be someone who wasn't available earlier in the window. Getting him in for the £10m we were going to punt on Dwamena would be excellent business he's a vast upgrade on our other options.

Unfortunately he will probably be 20 million and a team like wolves would be very willing to pay that.

Still definitely worth an enquiry

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes but think how good he would be behind the target man. He's what gross should have been for us.

Hang on, we are still in August. Gross still could be....

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
An excellent option i think, not someone we want to pin our Premier League hopes on but certainly worth having in the gun rack.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A third failed medical would make us a laughing stock

Don't be so completely stupid.

If I try to move house and the first 3 places I look at fail the surveyor's assessment, who is the **** - the seller or me? Here is a clue - it isn't the potential buyer.....unless you think I should have held a seance beforehand to do my own magical assessment. FFS. :shrug::wozza::shootself

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
They're looking to sell him because they don't think he's good enough for the PL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
They're looking to sell him because they don't think he's good enough for the PL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not good enough and not a player I would ever like to see in a Brighton shirt. There's something too much of the Palace about him, and not just because he played for them.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8092703 said:
Why the hell is he on the transfer list?

Perhaps because Newcastle bought him to be part of their Championship team to get them out of the Championship? Same as we did with Murray.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
injury prone. I'd sooner go for Jordan Rhodes as I think he would thrive with two fast wingers whipping their balls in.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Seems to have a lot of hamstring injuries and the last thing we need is another sick note. Palace didn't think he was good enough for the Premier League and clearly Newcastle don't either so not sure if we should be looking at him.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I guess he would be better than nothing but I would hope we are aiming for better. Newcastle wouldn't be selling him if they thought he could last the season and prove valuable to them. No. Let Palace take the risk!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Ticks a lot of boxes, relatively young, PL experience, good record. It's always seemed a bit strange that his managers have never had total confidence in him and the other concern is his injury record. If he passed his medical he would be a good addition.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't be so completely stupid.

If I try to move house and the first 3 places I look at fail the surveyor's assessment, who is the **** - the seller or me? Here is a clue - it isn't the potential buyer.....unless you think I should have held a seance beforehand to do my own magical assessment. FFS. :shrug::wozza::shootself

Stupid would be to make Gayle our next main target with so so little time left in the transfer window and knowing his injury history last season. The Gent midfielder had a history of knee problems and apparently the Zurich player had been diagnosed with a heart problem last year. Gayle has a recent history of hamstring problems, few players come back from this problem at the same level once it starts being recurrent. Michael Owen and Will Buckley being prime examples.

We would be a laughing stock if a failed medical happened again leaving us with no time to get in anyone else rather than a panic buy. Whether you and others think that is a stupid comment is obviously your prerogative.

If, however, if we have someone with Premier League experience about to sign, it would be worth having a look at Gayle as well. As our last gasp first choice striker it's a no from me though.

Last edited:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I seem to remember hearing that Newcastle were saying that he is fit, before a televised game, but they couldn't get him to believe it. When he did play, he had no confidence in his own hamstrings and wasn't playing at100%. Then he asked to come off the pitch although he didn't appear injured. Would be a good signing ability wise but might be another Vicente off the pitch.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here