Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dwight Gayle

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Is he better and able to score more goals than Hemed, that's the question? I suspect all but Hemed's friends and family would say yes... That said however, I still think we can do better than Gayle also.

Hmmmm I'm sceptical that we will do better than him at the moment. If we don't and fulham sign him, well.... Recruitment have questions to answer

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Most of the fees mentioned include the add-ons.....so the actual cost over the period of the contract don't seem steep based on possible reward.
These add-ons have worked for us in deals (ie we stay up - Ulloa, Buckley, Bridcutt)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think that you are confusing desire and ability. We may not wish to pay that for him but if pushed we could.

Yes, the club have repeatedly said that the funds are there, but it's more of a case of Tony Bloom not wanting to pay more for a player than he thinks he is worth. That said, with the deadline fast approaching, and with us still being several players light, he may well have to.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Any incomings at Selhurst, Del? Saw a Gray/Townsend switch rumoured.
Mr Parish is keeping his cards very close to his chest. Hardly any "in the know" info these days. Expecting a couple of decent signings at the last moment, no idea of who. We probably don't have the money for Sakho as well as the 8 players we need to play the FdB way.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Mr Parish is keeping his cards very close to his chest. Hardly any "in the know" info these days. Expecting a couple of decent signings at the last moment, no idea of who. We probably don't have the money for Sakho as well as the 8 players we need to play the FdB way.

Tricky for you I'd say. Obviously the type of signings you would want if FDB is to continue will be very different to those you would go after if you were to abandon the "project." That said, given he seems to abandon it each time you go behind in a game it would seem rather doomed anyway.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Oh l think we probably have the money for Sakho too, but is he a player that the club want to spend it on?

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Oh l think we probably have the money for Sakho too, but is he a player that the club want to spend it on?

He should be; he's absolutely bloody brilliant. If it weren't for a falling out with Klopp he'd be starting every week for Liverpool, hence why Leicester and Pulis both want him as well. The only concern is his injury record but it's a risk worth taking; he pretty much guarantees survival if he can play 30 games.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He should be; he's absolutely bloody brilliant. If it weren't for a falling out with Klopp he'd be starting every week for Liverpool, hence why Leicester and Pulis both want him as well. The only concern is his injury record but it's a risk worth taking; he pretty much guarantees survival if he can play 30 games.

Hes brilliant the way Allardyce played his football....will it be the case with RDB game plan...who knows.. 30 millin quid... ouch

SAC

May 21, 2014
Hes brilliant the way Allardyce played his football....will it be the case with RDB game plan...who knows.. 30 millin quid... ouch

The transfer fee is almost irrelevant if the player is good enough and not too old, clubs are almost guaranteed to get their money back and in lots of cases an increase in value.

The transfer fees have been ridiculous but it looks as if these are only going one way as there is no sign of the bubble bursting any time soon.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The transfer fee is almost irrelevant if the player is good enough and not too old, clubs are almost guaranteed to get their money back and in lots of cases an increase in value.

The transfer fees have been ridiculous but it looks as if these are only going one way as there is no sign of the bubble bursting any time soon.

Palace are on the limits of FFP my Palace supporting mates tell me, so fees and wages are definately not irrelevant.

Will Sakho fit the RDB style was more my point, If RDB is willing to change his game plan a bit then ofcourse he is a decent player, ask him to start knocking it around at the back etc not so much....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here