Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dwight Gayle

SAC

May 21, 2014
Palace are on the limits of FFP my Palace supporting mates tell me, so fees and wages are definately not irrelevant.

Will Sakho fit the RDB style was more my point, If RDB is willing to change his game plan a bit then ofcourse he is a decent player, ask him to start knocking it around at the back etc not so much....

I was meaning transfer fees in general not specifically Sakho/Palace. To be honest, I don't really understand FFP in the PL.

I'm unsure as to why Newcastle want to offload Gayle after he did so well last season and (also) can't understand how Fulham can afford to pay anything like what is being reported, unless most of the money is due if they are promoted.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I've always rated Gayle, I'd be more than happy if we went for him.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Would be a good signing. Unfortunately probably can't play the lone striker role

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
This is very confusing. Why would Newcastle allow their only striker of note, to move to a relegation rival?

Or has Beneathus had a breakdown?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
This is very confusing. Why would Newcastle allow their only striker of note, to move to a relegation rival?

Or has Beneathus had a breakdown?

They need the dosh to buy new players apparently!!

Shirley Hills

Jan 17, 2018
I've not watched Dwight at Newcastle, but at Palace he was well liked. Definitely an eye for goal. The problem with his play in the Premier League was striking was pretty much it for him, he couldn't hold the ball up, he couldn't carry if forward. Scored some great goals, but at the end of the day, were it not for the fact we've (I'm Palace) only one recognised striker on the books, he'd not be missed.

Excellent signing for the Championship, but plenty of the season to go and you shouldn't be looking that far down yet.

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
I'd have Gayle back at ours in a heartbeat. Played up front on his own by that idiot Pardew (don't ever get him in if it goes tits up) to get battered giant CB's along with our then hoof ball. Decent with both feet and surprisingly good in the air but no-one seemed to know why he didn't get used, grapevine said he had a piss poor attitude. Probably on £70k a week.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I've not watched Dwight at Newcastle, but at Palace he was well liked. Definitely an eye for goal. The problem with his play in the Premier League was striking was pretty much it for him, he couldn't hold the ball up, he couldn't carry if forward. Scored some great goals, but at the end of the day, were it not for the fact we've (I'm Palace) only one recognised striker on the books, he'd not be missed.

Excellent signing for the Championship, but plenty of the season to go and you shouldn't be looking that far down yet.

Oh great, another Nigel, we just can't get enough of them.

So you say only being able to score was/is a problem? You must have loved Gary Lineker then.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He was said to be available for £9m a couple of weeks ago so I would go for him at that price. I wonder if they would sell to us at that price. He would link up well with his old mate GM and could prove a revelation in the remainder of this season in the Premier or next in The Championship.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why would Newcastle sell him? They're short of forwards now and - if the worst comes to the worst - he's a proven success in the Championship and his goals fired them to the title.

The only reason that would make any sense is if he's suddenly gone very backward very quickly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here