Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dwight Gayle

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
If he's cheap enough I'd sign him on the basis that he's at least as good as anything we currently have up front, is younger and will royally piss off Palace as much as FFS going to them did.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
He is a Palace agent.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
No way in the world do I want the club to sign a sick note striker, especially with Baldock & Murray injured. He could well prove to be a good Premier League striker but we can't take the risk (see Dwemena saga).

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Stupid would be to make Gayle our next main target with so so little time left in the transfer window and knowing his injury history last season. The Gent midfielder had a history of knee problems and apparently the Zurich player had been diagnosed with a heart problem last year. Gayle has a recent history of hamstring problems, few players come back from this problem at the same level once it starts being recurrent. Michael Owen and Will Buckley being prime examples.

We would be a laughing stock if a failed medical happened again leaving us with no time to get in anyone else rather than a panic buy. Whether you and others think that is a stupid comment is obviously your prerogative.

If, however, if we have someone with Premier League experience about to sign, it would be worth having a look at Gayle as well. As our last gasp first choice striker it's a no from me though.

We of course knew that Dwanema had a diagnosed heart problem...... NOT. They are not going to broadcast it.

Just the same as Newcastle would not tell us if Dwight Gayle had a false leg - deliberate exaggeration. I fail to see why We would be a laughing stock in the event of another failed medical. Doesn't it indicate that other people are not going to be able to offload their damaged goods on to us.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
This is probably old news, but according to my paper this morning, Newcastle want £18m for him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
? We'll spend as much as we need to spend, not based on what others spend.
It kinda has to be based on what others spend though, right? If a player like Gayle goes for £15m, others will also demand high prices.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Is he better and able to score more goals than Hemed, that's the question? I suspect all but Hemed's friends and family would say yes... That said however, I still think we can do better than Gayle also.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is he better and able to score more goals than Hemed, that's the question? I suspect all but Hemed's friends and family would say yes... That said however, I still think we can do better than Gayle also.

I would hope that we can but unless it is somebody like Origi or Ings on loan from Liverpool I doubt that we will. This is also compounded by the tweet re Murray and we need a like for like striker to replace him if he is expected to be out for 3 months although I am little sceptical of accuracy of that tweet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here