Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heads Up: Tonight (Sunday) - 20:40-20:45 - BBC Four - London To Brighton Side By Side

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
'In 1953 the BBC made a point-of-view film from the London to Brighton train. In 1983 they did the same again. This is a film made of both runs at once with every bridge, siding, tunnel and station running side by side in unlikely synchronisation.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00f2zxt

Always good to have a peek into pre-history before they invented Replacement Bus Services.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
For those who are too excited and can't wait.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
For those who are too excited and can't wait.

And for those who want to see all the details, YouTube can play it at quarter-speed! Would be interesting to see a side-by-side-by-side; maybe they couldn't find a train running recently.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Year of my birth. I've got this on catch up and looking forward to seeing it.

As an aside I recall the steam trains going under Olive Road bridge - gawd I feel old.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Who remembers this one?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Not sure if that is an insult or not as I have no idea what it means. Probably insulting:)

Was still irrelevant though.

Actually I spent a few seconds punching random letters into acronymfinder.com until I found one with no results. It means absolutely nothing. Pointless and irrelevant, but that's the way I roll.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
'In 1953 the BBC made a point-of-view film from the London to Brighton train. In 1983 they did the same again. This is a film made of both runs at once with every bridge, siding, tunnel and station running side by side in unlikely synchronisation.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00f2zxt

Always good to have a peek into pre-history before they invented Replacement Bus Services.

I vaguely remember on Children's BBC (back when it was on BBC1) that when something was amiss with the scheduling and they had to fill 5 minutes between Newsround and Blue Peter or some such, that they would stick that London to Brighton film in.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Actually I spent a few seconds punching random letters into acronymfinder.com until I found one with no results. It means absolutely nothing. Pointless and irrelevant, but that's the way I roll.

You clearly need another hobby :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here