Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Divock Origi

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Do you think he's on much more than our top-paid players ? Reportedly on 35k a week.........any striker we being in with PL experience will probably be way above that anyway......

Only £15k per week according to this Liverpool site:
http://www.empireofthekop.com/2016/03/27/liverpool-wages-revealed-christian-benteke-not-james-milner-highest-paid/

Which seems far too low for a Belgium international, and to compare to Dale Stephens for example on allegedly £40k per week.

Even if Origi's wages in reality are triple the £15k, we can afford that, and for that IMO he'd keep us up.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Only £15k per week according to this Liverpool site:
http://www.empireofthekop.com/2016/03/27/liverpool-wages-revealed-christian-benteke-not-james-milner-highest-paid/

Which seems far too low for a Belgium international, and to compare to Dale Stephens for example on allegedly £40k per week.

Even if Origi's wages in reality are triple the £15k, we can afford that, and for that IMO he'd keep us up.

That looks like his previous contract. £35k quoted here...

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/liverpool-player-salaries/

Should still be within range. Just wish the club had expressed any interest!!

Don Parasol

Jan 29, 2017
we have a very special advantage over every other signing we can make.

Haven't totally understood this first bit...

I've been the first to admit he has had a shocking year. But as others have pointed out, a big part of it is a lack of game time. He only started when Kane was injured - in fact Son was higher in the pecking order most of the time. Very few starts, so to say he's failed is not that helpful... he hasn't achieved expectations with the bar set very high (competition for England's best forward, in a title chasing team).

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Haven't totally understood this first bit...

I've been the first to admit he has had a shocking year. But as others have pointed out, a big part of it is a lack of game time. He only started when Kane was injured - in fact Son was higher in the pecking order most of the time. Very few starts, so to say he's failed is not that helpful... he hasn't achieved expectations with the bar set very high (competition for England's best forward, in a title chasing team).
Me neither, I'm sure it was supposed to mean something!

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Wish he would come here so much .

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Liverpool don't want him playing PL, prefer foreign loan.

I've seen that before but don't really understand why. I could understand them not wanting to go to one of their top rivals but surely, as far as Liverpool are concerned, he'd be better off going to another PL club. That would increase the chances of a lowly club taking points off the likes of Utd and Citeh while not being able to take points off Liverpool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here