Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our support this season at matches

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
It's mental how much better the atmosphere has been of late.

I mean obviously we had some moments last year, particularly towards the end of the season, but this season we've been noisy as **** for all of the games. Whether winning convincingly, just edging it with a nervy end or even getting beaten, the atmosphere has been as good as I've ever known.

I actually thought that today's game being on a school night would maybe mute the noise a little but I was wrong. It was GREAT

Oct 25, 2003
seems to be a bit of a different mentality from fans. For the past few seasons (barring the Hyypia disaster) we've been going into almost every home game with an expectation of 3 points. Now this season our fans seem to be enjoying it no matter what, and are giving the lads excellent support even if they lose. Long may it continue

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
seems to be a bit of a different mentality from fans. For the past few seasons (barring the Hyypia disaster) we've been going into almost every home game with an expectation of 3 points. Now this season our fans seem to be enjoying it no matter what, and are giving the lads excellent support even if they lose. Long may it continue
This. We have a perfect storm of brilliance about our club and home games at The Amex - it is incredibly good - just keep doing your bit and keep enjoying it!!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The good thing about this season, as stated by others, is there really is far less expectations which encourages much better and louder support when the belief in the players gets better.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
It's almost as if we as supporters know that being noisy CAN make a difference to the team. Who'd have thunk it?

Even the East Stand had an audible MOAN at the lino cocking up a decision in the second half - that's when you know it's been a good atmosphere.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Cracking atmosphere in the WSU, absolutely electric. Have a fairly worn out voicebox at the moment and will be very gravelly tomorrow. It must have sounded mental on telly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yes indeed, we lost the game 4-2 to a hattrick from a horrible sod who shan't be named (at least it wasn't McGleish is a wanker, is a wanker) but the balloons, the confetti and whatever else there was, was incredible and the atmosphere was amazing. Little 10 year old me was blown away and from that point a day at the football wasn't about the bus ride there and back, but it was about what happened on the pitch. I didn't miss a saturday game at Priestfield after that.

Maybe it's unfortunate that a 4-2 defeat remains my favourite experience at a game!

I think it says everything about the truth of football that a 4-2 defeat can be the moment most remembered when looking back at your experience of the Albion. It's not all about the victories. In our short history at the Amex, I'm sure we all remember Burnley.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I listened on Radio 5 Live and the commentators decided, at half time, that apart from the opening 15 mins it was a pretty dull match going nowhere. They then stated that plenty of Premier League clubs would have booed their team off at half time after such a lacklustre half. They seemed very surprised at the atmosphere and that the team were clapped off at half time. They have quite a bit to learn about BHA I feel. The atmosphere came across as very loud on the radio. Proud to be an Albion fan.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Came home and watched most of the game again. Noise levels sounded way above what I've heard on most Sky Sports games this season.

Newcastle fans had their moments but weren't particularly vocal given their reputation and numbers, at least from my position in B block, East Stand.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
There's been a few moans on here and elsewhere about the frustrations of the way we've been playing and our rotten luck in the transfer market but we easily outsung Man City at home for most of the game, we were very noisy throughout at Leicester and very good again today, fully supporting the team (as opposed to Watford home support which was one of the worst I've ever heard). All the team incl. Hughton looked like they appreciated it at the end.

Well done to all concerned. I thoroughly enjoyed today's match. Our fans are doing us proud.
Agreed , a really good atmosphere (at times ) yesterday, home to west brom was the best ive ever known it at the amex ,

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I listened on Radio 5 Live and the commentators decided, at half time, that apart from the opening 15 mins it was a pretty dull match going nowhere. They then stated that plenty of Premier League clubs would have booed their team off at half time after such a lacklustre half. They seemed very surprised at the atmosphere and that the team were clapped off at half time. They have quite a bit to learn about BHA I feel. The atmosphere came across as very loud on the radio. Proud to be an Albion fan.

Yes they did seem a snobbish lot on R5 ...re atmosphere i would pick out those last few minutes in particular..ive never heard such a din whistling for that final whistle ..certainly at the Amex ..loved it!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
There's been a few moans on here and elsewhere about the frustrations of the way we've been playing and our rotten luck in the transfer market but we easily outsung Man City at home for most of the game, we were very noisy throughout at Leicester and very good again today, fully supporting the team (as opposed to Watford home support which was one of the worst I've ever heard). All the team incl. Hughton looked like they appreciated it at the end.

Well done to all concerned. I thoroughly enjoyed today's match. Our fans are doing us proud.

Good post and very true.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It was excellent yesterday. As mentioned you don't see many premier league games that are louder than that.

The North seem much more in unison this season which is louder so catches on with other stands better.

WSU is absolutely rocking at times. In full voice that is cracking out to the players.

We'll get a reputation soon like Pompey did when they were up there.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here