Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First Premier League Point **PARTY** Thread

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Thinking of popping down later. What beers have you got on?

cloudwater-3-inc-dipa6.jpg

Better be quick only 4 crates left ..:drink:

Jan 30, 2008
I didn't watch a live stream and wasn't there. So, purely going by the third party views of Cantor, WA, Talksport and fans calling in who were at Vicarage Road, there are loads of positives:

Dunk & Duffy were immense.
Ryan settling in.
AK bloody good.
Stephens back to his best, despite playing against the likes of Cleverley.
We snuffed out Watford, a team that run amok against LFC and Bournemouth.

Then from the CH interview, he was very open that we will be bringing in playersS (plural) this week, including striking options. Obvious to fans, but it was a relief to hear it from a club insider. He said player wages demands, not transfer fees, had been the problem in the market this summer.
GREED , enough said about this charade of a LEAGUE :nono::nono::nono:
regards
DR

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Then from the CH interview, he was very open that we will be bringing in playersS (plural) this week, including striking options. Obvious to fans, but it was a relief to hear it from a club insider.
I know you gave a nice list of positives, I'm not jumping all over this like you're a bad fan or anything, merely pointing out a minor error: of course the need for a striker is as obvious to the club as it is to the fans. Give them some credit. And we were buying Dwamena plus possibly another before the failed medical.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I know you gave a nice list of positives, I'm not jumping all over this like you're a bad fan or anything, merely pointing out a minor error: of course the need for a striker is as obvious to the club as it is to the fans. Give them some credit. And we were buying Dwamena plus possibly another before the failed medical.

It was a relief that it seemed actions are in the pipeline as CH spoke. The failed medical must have taken even the club aback.

Also with CH saying players rather than player, that was music to my ears. IMO we need more than one in upfront for options and insurance in case the new striker gets injured. Today was a reminder that one Britos or Henry Hughton type assault could end a player's season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It was a relief that it seemed actions are in the pipeline as CH spoke. The failed medical must have taken even the club aback.
Of course it was a blow to the club, but they're not going to sit and cry about it, they're going to keep working on getting a striker or two in.

Also with CH saying players rather than player, that was music to my ears.
I think they'd like more than one, but that doesn't mean we'll get them. I think if we had Dwamena, they'd still be trying to get another.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm bloody over the moon with that performance. So many positives from it after being at both the Leicester and Barnet games.

Seriously, this was a great all-round team effort. Very proud of the lads and the Brighton fans.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I didn't watch a live stream and wasn't there. So, purely going by the third party views of Cantor, WA, Talksport and fans calling in who were at Vicarage Road, there are loads of positives:

Dunk & Duffy were immense.
Ryan settling in.
AK bloody good.
Stephens back to his best, despite playing against the likes of Cleverley.
We snuffed out Watford, a team that run amok against LFC and Bournemouth.

Then from the CH interview, he was very open that we will be bringing in playersS (plural) this week, including striking options. Obvious to fans, but it was a relief to hear it from a club insider. He said player wages demands, not transfer fees, had been the problem in the market this summer.

Stephens back to his best?!! You are joking right? He gave ball away on several keynoccasions (again),hardly has any pace almost suggesting he's carrying an injury, slows almost all our attacks down and simply spreads ball sideways rarely forward. I didn't think he was that great last season and in the PL so far he looks far from decent at this level. I'm really not seeing what so many fans do like you? Are the glasses still a bit tinted from 2015/16, Burnley bids?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
On MOTD, and also seen on Twitter, a strange stat, in 25 years of the Premier League; 11 teams have played their first three games, without scoring a single goal.

Not one of them was relegated that season.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
have n't seen any of the game but having heard comments and followed the BBC live text and I am happy with the result. I did go to Leicester and thought we were better in that game than Man City, today we appear to have stepped up again. We all know there is a striker issue but what has happened today is encouraging. Let's see what the next 4 days deliver.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Just watched MOTD (complete shite, not sure why I bother and not just re our game) and then the Sky half hour of highlights (considerably better commentary and analysis).

From what I saw we were very unlucky not to win. But more importantly, we were excellent. Lots of positives.

Play like that every week and with Murray/Brown/Jose/one or more new players up front we'll be fine.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
And re MOTD, I didn't realise how shit it had become. The commentator on the Bournemouth City game was the only person in the country to think that Ake's yellow card was "a bit harsh" (he said something similar) when he should have been sent off. Their coverage of every game seemed to miss important incidents, or (in commentary) get them wrong.

Then you have smug **** Shearer with his inane platitudes, basically saying nothing. What has it come to when the best pundit they have is Phil Neville?! Shearer made him look like a football genius. He's clearly not.

Suddenly Sky seems good value for money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here